Today on Okazu: Interview with Yuri Manga Artist Fujieda Miyabi

    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2010
      Can I just tell you what a thrill it is to be able to announce this?  Today on Okazu, we have a interview with Yuri Manga Artist Fujieda Miyabi http://bit.ly/cUizDP !

      Manga artists have a brutal schedule that absolutely boggles my mind when I think about it. They are drawing one full page a day with very little - if any - time off. If you've ever worked on a comic, you know what that means - hours and hours of work over that page. Sometimes they  juggle multiple series, and also have to do signings and appearances in their "free" time.

      So when one of these folks takes time to talk to us, I'm honored and pleased.

      I've happily stood on line for over an hour at Comiket in order to get a calendar from his circle, Atelier Miyabi, and will, I hope, be able to do so again. The last time I did that, one of the women selling his stuff was dressed like Iono-sama in "Blue." How I longed for stealth photo-taking abilities! It was an amazing costume - designed, I have no doubt by the man himself. (The amusing side of this is that, let's face it - I stand out on that Comiket line. One of a few women, the only female Caucasian in the entire East Halls of Big Sight. So when I emailed him to request an interview, he asked, "Didn't I see you at Comiket?" Yes sir, you did. ^_^;

      Anyway, I hope you're enjoying these interviews with Yuri Manga artists. I know that I am very much enjoying doing them! More to come - I'm waiting to hear back from another one now.

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogspot.com

    • ToddA
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17, 2010
        Oh, I remember that line. It's one of the longer lines I've stood in there. :) I love his stuff.