Re: [Yuricon] Re: Looking at the roots of Yuri today on Okazu

  • Nick Perez
    Message 1 of 8 , May 10, 2010
      I take it that this was the first yuri manga ever wirtten?  Or just one of the first?

      Message 2 of 8 , May 10, 2010
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: vanezzania@...
        > Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 07:16:02 -0700
        > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Looking at the roots of Yuri today on Okazu
        >

        > I take it that this was the first yuri manga ever wirtten? Or just one of the first?

        It's a novel, not a manga. It was written in 1919, well before "manga" as such existed. Take a look at the review - you'll see, :-)

      • Lyn
        Message 3 of 8 , May 12, 2010
          Is this novel available in English?

          Message 4 of 8 , May 12, 2010
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: lynmarenjensen@...
            > Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 18:30:48 +0000
            > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Looking at the roots of Yuri today on Okazu
            >
            > Is this novel available in English?

            No, just Japanese.

            If it were, I'd be sure to point something like that out. :-)

          • William J ¬†Morris
            Message 5 of 8 , May 13, 2010

              Hoke.

              Message Received: May 12 2010, 10:22 PM