Re: Looking at the roots of Yuri today on Okazu

    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2010
      It's pretty much my favorite thing to do! :-)

      > Thanks for digging in the yuri history.
      > cheers
      > Grisznak
      >
      > 2010/5/9 EricaF <anilesbocon01@...>
      >

      > > http://okazu.blogspot.com/2010/05/yuri-novel-yaneura-no-nishojo.html
    • Nick Perez
      Message 2 of 8 , May 10, 2010
        I take it that this was the first yuri manga ever wirtten?  Or just one of the first?

        Message 3 of 8 , May 10, 2010
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: vanezzania@...
          > Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 07:16:02 -0700
          > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Looking at the roots of Yuri today on Okazu
          >

          > I take it that this was the first yuri manga ever wirtten? Or just one of the first?

          It's a novel, not a manga. It was written in 1919, well before "manga" as such existed. Take a look at the review - you'll see, :-)

        • Lyn
          Message 4 of 8 , May 12, 2010
            Is this novel available in English?

            Message 5 of 8 , May 12, 2010
              > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > From: lynmarenjensen@...
              > Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 18:30:48 +0000
              > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Looking at the roots of Yuri today on Okazu
              >
              > Is this novel available in English?

              No, just Japanese.

              If it were, I'd be sure to point something like that out. :-)

            • William J ¬†Morris
              Message 6 of 8 , May 13, 2010

                Hoke.

                Message Received: May 12 2010, 10:22 PM