Re: Competent list

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2010
      If I could raise a question about the words we are using. However I must emphasize that I am not complaining.

      Competent is certainly a positive description to give of most people. I'd have no problem discriminating a character like Juri (Utena) or Yuko (Marimite) as competent.

      However I would not describe say Rally (silent mobius) or Hitsugi (Hayate X Blade) as competent. I would find that a weak description of what they are. A regular decent person is competent; a hero or leader is a step beyond that. Words like incredible or amazing are the minimum.

      To add to the list I would say that most of the cast of Aoi Shiro are definitely capable; particularly Kaya and Migiwa.

      However from the same game I would highlight Kohaku as beyond competent. As she kills the main boss by throwing her sword through him, is one of the few good characters who can handle the cursed sword without going insane and makes plans to blackmail the head of Japan's national demon hunting organization for a mobile phone.