Looking at the roots of Yuri today on Okazu

    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2010
      http://okazu.blogspot.com/2010/05/yuri-novel-yaneura-no-nishojo.html

      I thought I'd point today's post out because it deals with a novel that established many of the most typical tropes of Yuri, "Yaneura no Nishojo."

      I feel strongly that Yoshiya Nobuko is a the Grandmother of Yuri and an important figure for us all. I hope you'll take a look at today's post.

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogspot.com
    • Grisznak

        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2010
          It's pretty much my favorite thing to do! :-)

          > Thanks for digging in the yuri history.
          > cheers
          > Grisznak
          >
          > 2010/5/9 EricaF <anilesbocon01@...>
          >

          > > http://okazu.blogspot.com/2010/05/yuri-novel-yaneura-no-nishojo.html
        • Nick Perez
          Message 4 of 8 , May 10, 2010
            I take it that this was the first yuri manga ever wirtten?  Or just one of the first?

            Message 5 of 8 , May 10, 2010
              > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > From: vanezzania@...
              > Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 07:16:02 -0700
              > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Looking at the roots of Yuri today on Okazu
              >

              > I take it that this was the first yuri manga ever wirtten? Or just one of the first?

              It's a novel, not a manga. It was written in 1919, well before "manga" as such existed. Take a look at the review - you'll see, :-)

            • Lyn
              Message 6 of 8 , May 12, 2010
                Is this novel available in English?

                Message 7 of 8 , May 12, 2010
                  > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: lynmarenjensen@...
                  > Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 18:30:48 +0000
                  > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Looking at the roots of Yuri today on Okazu
                  >
                  > Is this novel available in English?

                  No, just Japanese.

                  If it were, I'd be sure to point something like that out. :-)

                • William J  Morris
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 13, 2010

                    Hoke.

                    Message Received: May 12 2010, 10:22 PM