Re: Competent list

  • Val
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8 11:18 AM
      Well, all of the more interesting characters in Hayate X Blade would most definitely make this list as well.
    • Ah... Me
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8 8:55 PM
        As I was driving home, a song came on (my IPod) sung by Nana Mizuki, the seiyuu for Fate Testerossa; which made me think of Fate and Nanoha (of course).

        I would like to add them to our list of Ultra-Competents! Especially in "StrikerS" when they are adults and totally cool with their powers... I know I wouldn't want to mess with them!

        I'm glad the girls from "Bee Train" (Noir, Madlax, El Cazador) were mentioned. They were one of the first ones I thought of when this subject came up.

        I'd also like to suggest, Setsuna Sakurazaki, from "Negima"; sword-wielder and a bit of oriental magic... who looks really cool in a suit (last couple of volumes of the manga when the group is in the Magic World. both she and Kaede, the ninja-girl). I can't wait for the volume where she and Konoha make their pactio.... :)

        Thespi

        The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
        better slave race, YET.

        "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." -- James Madison

        -

      • mara_papimer
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9 7:22 AM
          If I could raise a question about the words we are using. However I must emphasize that I am not complaining.

          Competent is certainly a positive description to give of most people. I'd have no problem discriminating a character like Juri (Utena) or Yuko (Marimite) as competent.

          However I would not describe say Rally (silent mobius) or Hitsugi (Hayate X Blade) as competent. I would find that a weak description of what they are. A regular decent person is competent; a hero or leader is a step beyond that. Words like incredible or amazing are the minimum.

          To add to the list I would say that most of the cast of Aoi Shiro are definitely capable; particularly Kaya and Migiwa.

          However from the same game I would highlight Kohaku as beyond competent. As she kills the main boss by throwing her sword through him, is one of the few good characters who can handle the cursed sword without going insane and makes plans to blackmail the head of Japan's national demon hunting organization for a mobile phone.