Warhammer 40K yuri

  • Wunderlampe
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 18, 2010
      It's pretty late, but I was wondering Just wondering if there was any Warhammer 40K yuri knocking around the place. This comes from noticing that the Sisters of Battle basically make the Claymores look all wet in comparison. (come to think of it, I think there was some in _A Thousand Sons_, probably the best written of the Heresy novels so far...)

      Or, if you wanted to write the ultimate in Cracktastic fanfiction, there's the possibility of "Maramite and Warhammer 40K", in the style of the famous fanfiction...
    • Rikaishi
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18, 2010
        The Commissar Cain novels, aside from being awesome for their great sense of humor, have a lesbian pair as part of the background cast of characters. They are just a couple of valhallan guardsmen who generally only accompany Cain through a couple of chapters in each novel, but of all the grunts that accompany him these are the only two that survive everything. In fact Cain surmises that it's the two ladies' close relationship which allows them to pull through each time. As for the exact nature of that relationship, he basically runs a don't-ask-don't-tell policy.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 19, 2010
          Only read one of those, but trying to find the others. They do seem good.

          As regards the "don't ask, don't tell" - I get the feeling that's standard policy for the Imperium as a whole. That is, there's no homophobia, not for any moral reason, but because its religious fanaticism, chauvinism and paranoia has way, _way_ more important targets... That is, when you have Chaos cultists, traitor legions, the ruinous powers, tyranids, Orks, eldar and goodness knows what else to occupy your time, mere sexual orientation probably doesn't get considered much.

          I still think a "Maramite & 40K" fanfic would be good. As Charles Bephin says, "Warhammer 40K can make anything awesome"

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Rikaishi <rikashi@...> wrote:

          > The Commissar Cain novels, aside from being awesome for their great sense
          > of humor, have a lesbian pair as part of the background cast of characters.
          > They are just a couple of valhallan guardsmen who generally only accompany
          > Cain through a couple of chapters in each novel, but of all the grunts that
          > accompany him these are the only two that survive everything. In fact Cain
          > surmises that it's the two ladies' close relationship which allows them to
          > pull through each time. As for the exact nature of that relationship, he
          > basically runs a don't-ask-don't-tell policy.
          >
          > On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Wunderlampe <thirohk@...> wrote:
          >

          > > It's pretty late, but I was wondering Just wondering if there was any
          > > Warhammer 40K yuri knocking around the place. This comes from noticing that
          > > the Sisters of Battle basically make the Claymores look all wet in
          > > comparison. (come to think of it, I think there was some in _A Thousand
          > > Sons_, probably the best written of the Heresy novels so far...)
          > >
          > > Or, if you wanted to write the ultimate in Cracktastic fanfiction, there's
          > > the possibility of "Maramite and Warhammer 40K", in the style of the famous
          > > fanfiction...

        • Grisznak
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 19, 2010
            Reminds me that I had an idea for a crossover of Marimite and Forgotten Realms, with elite school for drow girls named "Fungian", and whole was titled "Lloth sama ga miteru".
            But, seriously, imagine yuri WH 40 000 orc fanfiction...
            cheers
            Grisznak

            2010/4/19 Wunderlampe <thirohk@...>

            Only read one of those, but trying to find the others. They do seem good.

            As regards the "don't ask, don't tell" - I get the feeling that's standard policy for the Imperium as a whole. That is, there's no homophobia, not for any moral reason, but because its religious fanaticism, chauvinism and paranoia has way, _way_ more important targets... That is, when you have Chaos cultists, traitor legions, the ruinous powers, tyranids, Orks, eldar and goodness knows what else to occupy your time, mere sexual orientation probably doesn't get considered much.

            I still think a "Maramite & 40K" fanfic would be good. As Charles Bephin says, "Warhammer 40K can make anything awesome"

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Rikaishi <rikashi@...> wrote:

            > The Commissar Cain novels, aside from being awesome for their great sense
            > of humor, have a lesbian pair as part of the background cast of characters.
            > They are just a couple of valhallan guardsmen who generally only accompany
            > Cain through a couple of chapters in each novel, but of all the grunts that
            > accompany him these are the only two that survive everything. In fact Cain
            > surmises that it's the two ladies' close relationship which allows them to
            > pull through each time. As for the exact nature of that relationship, he
            > basically runs a don't-ask-don't-tell policy.
            >
            > On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Wunderlampe <thirohk@...> wrote:
            >

            > > It's pretty late, but I was wondering Just wondering if there was any
            > > Warhammer 40K yuri knocking around the place. This comes from noticing that
            > > the Sisters of Battle basically make the Claymores look all wet in
            > > comparison. (come to think of it, I think there was some in _A Thousand
            > > Sons_, probably the best written of the Heresy novels so far...)
            > >
            > > Or, if you wanted to write the ultimate in Cracktastic fanfiction, there's
            > > the possibility of "Maramite and Warhammer 40K", in the style of the famous
            > > fanfiction...

          • Wunderlampe
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 19, 2010
              Yes, thank you for that. I was just thinking I needed a mental image to help me get over this habit of enjoying life I've had.

              > But, seriously, imagine yuri WH 40 000 orc fanfiction...
              > cheers
              > Grisznak
              >
              > 2010/4/19 Wunderlampe <thirohk@...>
              >

              > > Only read one of those, but trying to find the others. They do seem good.
              > >
              > > As regards the "don't ask, don't tell" - I get the feeling that's standard
              > > policy for the Imperium as a whole. That is, there's no homophobia, not for
              > > any moral reason, but because its religious fanaticism, chauvinism and
              > > paranoia has way, _way_ more important targets... That is, when you have
              > > Chaos cultists, traitor legions, the ruinous powers, tyranids, Orks, eldar
              > > and goodness knows what else to occupy your time, mere sexual orientation
              > > probably doesn't get considered much.
              > >
              > > I still think a "Maramite & 40K" fanfic would be good. As Charles Bephin
              > > says, "Warhammer 40K can make anything awesome"
              > >

              > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com <Yuricon%40yahoogroups.com>, Rikaishi
              > > <rikashi@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > The Commissar Cain novels, aside from being awesome for their great sense
              > > > of humor, have a lesbian pair as part of the background cast of
              > > characters.
              > > > They are just a couple of valhallan guardsmen who generally only
              > > accompany
              > > > Cain through a couple of chapters in each novel, but of all the grunts
              > > that
              > > > accompany him these are the only two that survive everything. In fact
              > > Cain
              > > > surmises that it's the two ladies' close relationship which allows them
              > > > pull through each time. As for the exact nature of that relationship, he
              > > > basically runs a don't-ask-don't-tell policy.

              > > that

              > > there's
              > > famous

            • Wunderlampe
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 20, 2010
                On a more cheerful note, there's apparently a Sisters of Battle book by James Swallow, the author of "The Flight of the Eisenstein". I'm looking forward to that one.

                N.B.: The fanfic I was obliquely referencing early wasn't set in the WH40K-verse, but was based around the idea of Shinji from Eva being introduced to WH40K, which gives him a much needed dose of testosterone.

                Now there's an interesting idea. A Maramite WH40K gaming club. Just for fun, try matching each character to the Army that'd suit them. Since I only like Sei from the series, let me start by saying that she's _clearly_ an Ork player.

                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Wunderlampe" <thirohk@...> wrote:

                > Yes, thank you for that. I was just thinking I needed a mental image to help me get over this habit of enjoying life I've had.
                >

                > > But, seriously, imagine yuri WH 40 000 orc fanfiction...
                > > cheers
                > > Grisznak
                > >
                > > 2010/4/19 Wunderlampe <thirohk@>
                > >

                > > > Only read one of those, but trying to find the others. They do seem good.
                > > >
                > > > As regards the "don't ask, don't tell" - I get the feeling that's standard
                > > > policy for the Imperium as a whole. That is, there's no homophobia, not for
                > > > any moral reason, but because its religious fanaticism, chauvinism and
                > > > paranoia has way, _way_ more important targets... That is, when you have
                > > > Chaos cultists, traitor legions, the ruinous powers, tyranids, Orks, eldar
                > > > and goodness knows what else to occupy your time, mere sexual orientation
                > > > probably doesn't get considered much.
                > > >
                > > > I still think a "Maramite & 40K" fanfic would be good. As Charles Bephin
                > > > says, "Warhammer 40K can make anything awesome"
                > > >

                > > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com <Yuricon%40yahoogroups.com>, Rikaishi

                > > > characters.
                > > > accompany
                > > > that
                > > > Cain

                > > > that

                > > > there's
                > > > famous

              • secondontheleft
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 20, 2010
                  As long as you imagine orcs as designed by Ursula Vernon, it's really not so bad...