Re: YCML Contest

  • Shane M
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2010
      Haha, I'm a lurker posting for the first time because I'm clearly a loser.

      I'm very tempted to say Morinaga Milk as well, because she's probably write something sweet and wonderful that would be very popular, but coming from my heart is that I would love to see Yamaji Ebine get an anime.

      I know that Love My Life got its live-action movie, but I have to say that there are things you can't really do with real people or in the space of a single movie, and I was frankly disappointed with the movie, all things considered.

      I love Yamaji-sensei's art, the clean and angular lines, and I love the strength and depth of her protagonists, the realism of their lives, and especially the threads of music and the musical scene that tie a lot of her stories together. The plots are full-bodied, often with psychological elements, and are neither pure smut or pure Class S platonic love. I feel like her stories are grown-up in the sense that while she might have young-ish characters, they are usually involved in adult worries and pleasures, and their lives are connected to the rest of the world in ways you can't get with the standard girls' school fare taking place inside a protected bubble. She even has (gasp!) male characters!

      For all of that and some more, I have to say that I would love to see Yamaji Ebine given free reign and a bunch of enslaved animators. n.n

      "The Enrichment Center is committed to the well-being of all participants. Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all." -GlaDOS