Re: [Yuricon] Contest Parity - YCML Contest

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2010
      On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:53:20 -0000, "Not convinced"
      <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

      > Tell me what Yuri manga artist you would like to see get an anime and
      why.

      Well, the obvious answer that'd get a lot of fan-support would be Morinaga
      Milk,
      if only because just about everyone wants to see a Girl Friends anime.
      Along similar lines, I'd personally love to see Banana Nangoku get to
      make an anime of Mononoke Jogakuen (good luck broadcasting *that*!), and
      it'd be awesome to see Izumi Takemoto's Transistor Venus animated...

      That said, I note that you carefully said which mangaka rather than which
      series, so I'm going to have to go for Miyabi Fujieda, because pretty
      much everything he's done has been consistently wonderful, so I'd trust
      him to make something new and exciting. And of course, any anime with
      him at the helm would have some deeply awesome costume designs. (Then
      again, I loved the outfits in Gankutsuou, so I may not be the best
      judge. ;)
    • sarcastic_weasel
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2010
        Shizuru Hayashiya.

        'Nuff Said.

        Oh wait, we're supposed to say why. Why?

        The insane kaicho who does things on whims and uses her random loud voice.
        Her insane partner who rings the bell beautifully.
        Family Mart Mask.
        Lawson Mask.
        Jun-Jun the ero-ninja... no one is safe. Well, except Ayana. In which case, Jun-Jun is not safe.
        Nosebleeds. Lots of them. Most are from combat. The rest are from Jun meeting Ayana's fist.
        Sigma UFO.
        Mikadon!
        Trick swords that don't work against iron legs.
        Crazed fan clubs with a megane fetish.
        Maid costumes.
        Ladle fights.
        Psychotic Chinese transfer students who manage to attend school in Japan without ever bothering to learn the language. (Seriously?)
        Nancy! Sid!
        Ex-Shinyuu.
        Otousan?
        Not-so-evil twins. (Just stupid.)
        Lots of really great fighting...
        ...and lots of really stupid people who are all funny as hell.
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2010
          Last week I announced three contests - one on Okazu, one on our Facebook group and one here.

          Contest winners have all been announced at Okazu today. :-)

          Congrats everyone - and thanks to everyone who jumped in with entries!

          Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
          http://okazu.blogspot.com