Back from Japan (New Yuri report, pt. 1)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2010
      Hi all -

      I made it back safely and healthily from Japan. I'm pleased to report that while food in Business class is plentiful and served on ceramics, it's got 3000000000 times as much sodium as that in cattle class, so you can not feel good about it.

      I did manage to find a few potentially Yuri series that had not been previously written about or announced by, say, Ichijinsha, so I thought I'd give you all any thoughts I have on what I read. There was no Yuri anime to speak of at the Tokyo International Anime Fair - read my travelogue at Okazu for more details - and March was a thin month for Yuri Hime S stuff. I passed on a few of their cell phone manga because it just seemed dire.

      So, today is the first of what I hope will be several short reports on some on the stuff I did get. Not reviews - those will go to Okazu, but more like "heads up"s.

      The first series of note is "The Library Chairwoman's Dignity." This just began in Comic High, which also runs Morinaga Milk's "Girl Friends." It follows the Yuri romances of the president of the Library Club and her harem - from the point of view of the new guy who has just joined. I feel that it will fail to keep being Yuri, except as a gag. But the first chapter was Yuri enough. :-)

      Also, incidentally, I saw a prewar box of Morinaga Milk candy in the museum, so that explains where the manga artist got that name. :-)

      Next up, some of the random manga I bought without really knowing what it is. :-)