Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Another new yuri magazine, "Hirari"

Expand Messages
  • Shane
    Sadly, as long as loli/moe is popular, they ll pump out content for it. Still, there could be some good stuff in the magazine...
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 13, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      Sadly, as long as loli/moe is popular, they'll pump out content for it. Still, there could be some good stuff in the magazine...

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
      >
      >
      > Yes, this news has been all over the yuri blogs. I wish I could be more enthusiastic, but for some reason the idea of yet *another* Yuri/moe/loli anthology fails to make me feel supportive.
      > I keep waiting for a bunch of the more talented women to join forces and form their own magazine for adult women. It's not going to be today or tomorrow...but it will happen, I have no doubt. ;-)
      >
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Erica
      >
      > Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
      > http://www.yuricon.org
      > Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com
      >
      > "World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldshaking.net
      > The Fanfic Revolution - fanficrevolution.blogspot.com
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > ----------------------------------------
      > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: darkchibi07@...
      > > Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:10:28 +0000
      > > Subject: [Yuricon] Another new yuri magazine, "Hirari"
      > >
      > > Someone posted this magazine scan in /u/ which seems to point out that Shinshokan Publishing will dip their toes into the yuri genre as well. The first issue will be released on 4/25:
      > >
      > > http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/903/1268365502094.jpg
      > > http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6892/1268365547979.jpg
      > >
      > >
      > > Here's a link from Amazon:
      > >
      > > http://tinyurl.com/yzaqpv4
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >
      > >
      > >
      >
      > _________________________________________________________________
      > Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection.
      > http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850552/direct/01/
      >
    • puyopop34
      Is it REALLY going to be moe-themed? I browsed through Shinshokan s website here: http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 15, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        Is it REALLY going to be moe-themed? I browsed through Shinshokan's website here:

        http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/

        ...and they mostly publish shoujo and boys-love titles. So I would imagine the type of yuri stories Hiari will publish will be more aimed for the shoujo audience than your usual moe-loving seinen crowd like say Tsubomi.

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Shane" <shanejayell2000@...> wrote:
        >
        > Sadly, as long as loli/moe is popular, they'll pump out content for it. Still, there could be some good stuff in the magazine...
        >
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@> wrote:
        > >
        > >
        > > Yes, this news has been all over the yuri blogs. I wish I could be more enthusiastic, but for some reason the idea of yet *another* Yuri/moe/loli anthology fails to make me feel supportive.
        > > I keep waiting for a bunch of the more talented women to join forces and form their own magazine for adult women. It's not going to be today or tomorrow...but it will happen, I have no doubt. ;-)
        > >
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > >
        > > Erica
        > >
        > > Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
        > > http://www.yuricon.org
        > > Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com
        > >
        > > "World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldshaking.net
        > > The Fanfic Revolution - fanficrevolution.blogspot.com
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > ----------------------------------------
        > > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > > > From: darkchibi07@
        > > > Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:10:28 +0000
        > > > Subject: [Yuricon] Another new yuri magazine, "Hirari"
        > > >
        > > > Someone posted this magazine scan in /u/ which seems to point out that Shinshokan Publishing will dip their toes into the yuri genre as well. The first issue will be released on 4/25:
        > > >
        > > > http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/903/1268365502094.jpg
        > > > http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6892/1268365547979.jpg
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > Here's a link from Amazon:
        > > >
        > > > http://tinyurl.com/yzaqpv4
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > ------------------------------------
        > > >
        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > >
        > > _________________________________________________________________
        > > Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection.
        > > http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850552/direct/01/
        > >
        >
      • mara_papimer
        ... There is a bl/feminine version of moe, like say Oran or V.B. Rose? Now if this comic has yuri that falls into that sort of category (I personally love a
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 16, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:
          >
          >
          > Is it REALLY going to be moe-themed? I browsed through Shinshokan's website here:
          >
          > http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/
          >
          > ...and they mostly publish shoujo and boys-love titles. So I would >imagine the type of yuri stories Hiari will publish will be more aimed >for the shoujo audience than your usual moe-loving seinen crowd like >say Tsubomi.
          >

          There is a bl/feminine version of moe, like say Oran or V.B. Rose? Now if this comic has yuri that falls into that sort of category (I personally love a lot of the stuff in 'Wings' a publication of Shinshokan) I could definitely appreciate it.

          But that would be getting my hopes up.
        • puyopop34
          Well, here s the website of it: http://www.shinshokan.com/hirari/index.html Let s see what these peeps are capable of.
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 16, 2010
          • 0 Attachment
            Well, here's the website of it:

            http://www.shinshokan.com/hirari/index.html

            Let's see what these peeps are capable of.

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer" <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            >
            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@> wrote:
            > >
            > >
            > > Is it REALLY going to be moe-themed? I browsed through Shinshokan's website here:
            > >
            > > http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/
            > >
            > > ...and they mostly publish shoujo and boys-love titles. So I would >imagine the type of yuri stories Hiari will publish will be more aimed >for the shoujo audience than your usual moe-loving seinen crowd like >say Tsubomi.
            > >
            >
            > There is a bl/feminine version of moe, like say Oran or V.B. Rose? Now if this comic has yuri that falls into that sort of category (I personally love a lot of the stuff in 'Wings' a publication of Shinshokan) I could definitely appreciate it.
            >
            > But that would be getting my hopes up.
            >
          • Erica Friedman
            ... The anthology Shoujo Yuri is also going to be back - this time including half of the circle Sakuraike. I still feel like something s missing. Need More
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 17, 2010
            • 0 Attachment
              > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > From: darkchibi07@...
              > Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 04:48:48 +0000
              > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Another new yuri magazine, "Hirari"
              >
              >
              >
              > Well, here's the website of it:
              >
              > http://www.shinshokan.com/hirari/index.html
              >
              > Let's see what these peeps are capable of.
              >

              The anthology "Shoujo Yuri" is also going to be back - this time including half of the circle Sakuraike.

              I still feel like something's missing. Need More UKOZ.

              Rica Takashima and I had lunch this week and we talked about what I was calling the "Yuri Gap" here. She agrees that there are still a lot of stories to be told. Stories of women making lives together. I'll be doing me darndest to get Yuri Monogatari to fill that gap somehow.

              Cheers,

              Erica


              Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how.
            • Lyn
              By the way, this is a Japanese magazine and site, so it s nice to look at--but also give us an incentive to learn Japanese!
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 19, 2010
              • 0 Attachment
                By the way, this is a Japanese magazine and site, so it's nice to look at--but also give us an incentive to learn Japanese!

                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
                >
                >
                > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > > From: darkchibi07@...
                > > Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 04:48:48 +0000
                > > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Another new yuri magazine, "Hirari"
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > > Well, here's the website of it:
                > >
                > > http://www.shinshokan.com/hirari/index.html
                > >
                > > Let's see what these peeps are capable of.
                > >
                >
                > The anthology "Shoujo Yuri" is also going to be back - this time including half of the circle Sakuraike.
                > I still feel like something's missing. Need More UKOZ.
                > Rica Takashima and I had lunch this week and we talked about what I was calling the "Yuri Gap" here. She agrees that there are still a lot of stories to be told. Stories of women making lives together. I'll be doing me darndest to get Yuri Monogatari to fill that gap somehow.
                > Cheers,
                > Erica
                > _________________________________________________________________
                > Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox.
                > http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2
                >
              • puyopop34
                Huzzah! Preview pages (in Japanese of course ;)) http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/tameshiyomi/67091-6/index.html
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 24, 2010
                • 0 Attachment
                  Huzzah! Preview pages (in Japanese of course ;))

                  http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/tameshiyomi/67091-6/index.html

                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Well, here's the website of it:
                  >
                  > http://www.shinshokan.com/hirari/index.html
                  >
                  > Let's see what these peeps are capable of.
                  >
                  > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer" <in_the_name_of_union7@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > >
                  > > > Is it REALLY going to be moe-themed? I browsed through Shinshokan's website here:
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/
                  > > >
                  > > > ...and they mostly publish shoujo and boys-love titles. So I would >imagine the type of yuri stories Hiari will publish will be more aimed >for the shoujo audience than your usual moe-loving seinen crowd like >say Tsubomi.
                  > > >
                  > >
                  > > There is a bl/feminine version of moe, like say Oran or V.B. Rose? Now if this comic has yuri that falls into that sort of category (I personally love a lot of the stuff in 'Wings' a publication of Shinshokan) I could definitely appreciate it.
                  > >
                  > > But that would be getting my hopes up.
                  > >
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.