Another new yuri magazine, "Hirari"

  • puyopop34
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 12 2:10 PM
      Someone posted this magazine scan in /u/ which seems to point out that Shinshokan Publishing will dip their toes into the yuri genre as well. The first issue will be released on 4/25:

      http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/903/1268365502094.jpg
      http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6892/1268365547979.jpg

      Here's a link from Amazon:

      http://tinyurl.com/yzaqpv4
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 12 2:37 PM
        Yes, this news has been all over the yuri blogs. I wish I could be more enthusiastic, but for some reason the idea of yet *another* Yuri/moe/loli anthology fails to make me feel supportive.
        I keep waiting for a bunch of the more talented women to join forces and form their own magazine for adult women. It's not going to be today or tomorrow...but it will happen, I have no doubt. ;-)

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: darkchibi07@...
        > Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:10:28 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Another new yuri magazine, "Hirari"
        >
        > Someone posted this magazine scan in /u/ which seems to point out that Shinshokan Publishing will dip their toes into the yuri genre as well. The first issue will be released on 4/25:
        >
        > http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/903/1268365502094.jpg
        > http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6892/1268365547979.jpg
        >

        > Here's a link from Amazon:
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/yzaqpv4

        http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850552/direct/01/
      • Shane
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 13 4:38 PM
          Sadly, as long as loli/moe is popular, they'll pump out content for it. Still, there could be some good stuff in the magazine...

          > Yes, this news has been all over the yuri blogs. I wish I could be more enthusiastic, but for some reason the idea of yet *another* Yuri/moe/loli anthology fails to make me feel supportive.
          > I keep waiting for a bunch of the more talented women to join forces and form their own magazine for adult women. It's not going to be today or tomorrow...but it will happen, I have no doubt. ;-)

          > http://www.yuricon.org

          > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: darkchibi07@...
          > > Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:10:28 +0000
          > > Subject: [Yuricon] Another new yuri magazine, "Hirari"
          > >
          > > Someone posted this magazine scan in /u/ which seems to point out that Shinshokan Publishing will dip their toes into the yuri genre as well. The first issue will be released on 4/25:
          > >
          > > http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/903/1268365502094.jpg
          > > http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6892/1268365547979.jpg
          > >

          > > Here's a link from Amazon:
          > >
          > > http://tinyurl.com/yzaqpv4

          > Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection.

        • puyopop34
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 15 12:02 PM
            Is it REALLY going to be moe-themed? I browsed through Shinshokan's website here:

            http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/

            ...and they mostly publish shoujo and boys-love titles. So I would imagine the type of yuri stories Hiari will publish will be more aimed for the shoujo audience than your usual moe-loving seinen crowd like say Tsubomi.

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Shane" <shanejayell2000@...> wrote:

            > Sadly, as long as loli/moe is popular, they'll pump out content for it. Still, there could be some good stuff in the magazine...
            >
            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Yes, this news has been all over the yuri blogs. I wish I could be more enthusiastic, but for some reason the idea of yet *another* Yuri/moe/loli anthology fails to make me feel supportive.
            > > I keep waiting for a bunch of the more talented women to join forces and form their own magazine for adult women. It's not going to be today or tomorrow...but it will happen, I have no doubt. ;-)
            > >

            > > Cheers,
            > >
            > > Erica
            > >
            > > Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
            > > http://www.yuricon.org
            > > Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com
            > >
            > > "World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldshaking.net
            > > The Fanfic Revolution - fanficrevolution.blogspot.com

            > > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > > > From: darkchibi07@
            > > > Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:10:28 +0000
            > > > Subject: [Yuricon] Another new yuri magazine, "Hirari"
            > > >
            > > > Someone posted this magazine scan in /u/ which seems to point out that Shinshokan Publishing will dip their toes into the yuri genre as well. The first issue will be released on 4/25:
            > > >
            > > > http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/903/1268365502094.jpg
            > > > http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6892/1268365547979.jpg
            > > >

            > > > Here's a link from Amazon:
            > > >
            > > > http://tinyurl.com/yzaqpv4

            > > Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection.

          • mara_papimer
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 16 4:56 PM
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

              > Is it REALLY going to be moe-themed? I browsed through Shinshokan's website here:
              >
              > http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/
              >
              > ...and they mostly publish shoujo and boys-love titles. So I would >imagine the type of yuri stories Hiari will publish will be more aimed >for the shoujo audience than your usual moe-loving seinen crowd like >say Tsubomi.

              There is a bl/feminine version of moe, like say Oran or V.B. Rose? Now if this comic has yuri that falls into that sort of category (I personally love a lot of the stuff in 'Wings' a publication of Shinshokan) I could definitely appreciate it.

              But that would be getting my hopes up.
            • puyopop34
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 16, 2010
                Well, here's the website of it:

                http://www.shinshokan.com/hirari/index.html

                Let's see what these peeps are capable of.

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 17, 2010
                  > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: darkchibi07@...
                  > Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 04:48:48 +0000
                  > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Another new yuri magazine, "Hirari"
                  >

                  > Well, here's the website of it:
                  >
                  > http://www.shinshokan.com/hirari/index.html
                  >
                  > Let's see what these peeps are capable of.

                  The anthology "Shoujo Yuri" is also going to be back - this time including half of the circle Sakuraike.

                  I still feel like something's missing. Need More UKOZ.

                  Rica Takashima and I had lunch this week and we talked about what I was calling the "Yuri Gap" here. She agrees that there are still a lot of stories to be told. Stories of women making lives together. I'll be doing me darndest to get Yuri Monogatari to fill that gap somehow.

                • Lyn
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 19, 2010
                    By the way, this is a Japanese magazine and site, so it's nice to look at--but also give us an incentive to learn Japanese!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 24, 2010
                      Huzzah! Preview pages (in Japanese of course ;))

                      http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/tameshiyomi/67091-6/index.html