Re: [Yuricon] Shimura's "Horou Musuko" listing appears on Amazon.com

  • Nick Perez
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2010
      Um not to be rude or anything, but is Horou Musuko a yuri?  Becuase anime news network  and wiki didn't list it as a yuri

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2010
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: vanezzania@...
        > Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:40:57 -0800
        > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Shimura's "Horou Musuko" listing appears on Amazon.com
        >

        > Um not to be rude or anything, but is Horou Musuko a yuri? Becuase anime news network and wiki didn't list it as a yuri

        No, it is not Yuri, but there are people on this list for whom it might be of interest, since it is by the same creator as "Aoi Hana' and because it is a transgender story.

        http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/
      • BlackSkaven
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2010
          Hello, ^^

          > "Horou Musuko" has appeared on Amazon.com as "Wandering Son: Volume One".

          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1606994166?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1606994166

          > This book is slated for a December release from Fantagraphics.

          thanks. Great news. Hopefully it really will be released. ^^;
          There are quite a few manga series on hiatus or cancelled in North
          America or just postponed at the moment. :(

          BlackSkaven
        • Nick Perez
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2010
            Well, it still looks pretty interesting.  I think I'll pick this up :)

            > Um not to be rude or anything, but is Horou Musuko a yuri? Becuase anime news network and wiki didn't list it as a yuri

            No, it is not Yuri, but there are people on this list for whom it might be of interest, since it is by the same creator as "Aoi Hana' and because it is a transgender story.

            http://www.yuricon. org
            Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu. blogspot. com

            The Fanfic Revolution - fanficrevolution. blogspot. com

            http://clk.atdmt. com/GBL/go/ 201469230/ direct/01/

          • mara_papimer
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 7, 2010
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, BlackSkaven <BlackSkaven@...> wrote:

              > Hello, ^^
              >
              > > "Horou Musuko" has appeared on Amazon.com as "Wandering Son: Volume One".
              > >
              > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1606994166?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1606994166

              I'm very glad to hear this and have already finalized my standing order. Thank you so much for the good news.
            • BlackSkaven
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 8, 2010
                Hello,

                On 07.03.2010 17:40, mara_papimer wrote:

                >>> "Horou Musuko" has appeared on Amazon.com as "Wandering Son: Volume One".
                >>>
                >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1606994166?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1606994166

                > I'm very glad to hear this and have already finalized my standing order. Thank you so much for the good news.

                Umm - finalized? On Amazon it's still listed as out of print?

                It seems that Matt Thorn is responsible for Fantagraphics' manga
                line-up. Lets hope for more Takako Shimura stuff. ^^
                Is there a list of the planned titles anywhere?

                Thanks,

                BlackSkaven