Shimura's "Horou Musuko" listing appears on Amazon.com

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2010
      Fans of "Aoi Hana"s Shimura Takako might be interested to note that a listing for her gender-bending manga series "Horou Musuko" has appeared on Amazon.com as "Wandering Son: Volume One". (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1606994166?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1606994166)

      This book is slated for a December release from Fantagraphics.

    • Nick Perez
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2010
        Um not to be rude or anything, but is Horou Musuko a yuri?  Becuase anime news network  and wiki didn't list it as a yuri

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2010
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: vanezzania@...
          > Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:40:57 -0800
          > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Shimura's "Horou Musuko" listing appears on Amazon.com
          >

          > Um not to be rude or anything, but is Horou Musuko a yuri? Becuase anime news network and wiki didn't list it as a yuri

          No, it is not Yuri, but there are people on this list for whom it might be of interest, since it is by the same creator as "Aoi Hana' and because it is a transgender story.

          http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/
        • BlackSkaven
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2010
            Hello, ^^

            > "Horou Musuko" has appeared on Amazon.com as "Wandering Son: Volume One".

            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1606994166?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1606994166

            > This book is slated for a December release from Fantagraphics.

            thanks. Great news. Hopefully it really will be released. ^^;
            There are quite a few manga series on hiatus or cancelled in North
            America or just postponed at the moment. :(

            BlackSkaven
          • Nick Perez
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2010
              Well, it still looks pretty interesting.  I think I'll pick this up :)

              > Um not to be rude or anything, but is Horou Musuko a yuri? Becuase anime news network and wiki didn't list it as a yuri

              No, it is not Yuri, but there are people on this list for whom it might be of interest, since it is by the same creator as "Aoi Hana' and because it is a transgender story.

              http://www.yuricon. org
              Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu. blogspot. com

              The Fanfic Revolution - fanficrevolution. blogspot. com

              http://clk.atdmt. com/GBL/go/ 201469230/ direct/01/

            • mara_papimer
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 7, 2010
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, BlackSkaven <BlackSkaven@...> wrote:

                > Hello, ^^
                >
                > > "Horou Musuko" has appeared on Amazon.com as "Wandering Son: Volume One".
                > >
                > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1606994166?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1606994166

                I'm very glad to hear this and have already finalized my standing order. Thank you so much for the good news.
              • BlackSkaven
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 8, 2010
                  Hello,

                  On 07.03.2010 17:40, mara_papimer wrote:

                  >>> "Horou Musuko" has appeared on Amazon.com as "Wandering Son: Volume One".
                  >>>
                  >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1606994166?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1606994166

                  > I'm very glad to hear this and have already finalized my standing order. Thank you so much for the good news.

                  Umm - finalized? On Amazon it's still listed as out of print?

                  It seems that Matt Thorn is responsible for Fantagraphics' manga
                  line-up. Lets hope for more Takako Shimura stuff. ^^
                  Is there a list of the planned titles anywhere?

                  Thanks,

                  BlackSkaven