Hajimemashite

  • yoni-1@empathosnation.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
      I've been reluctant to introduce myself out of a long habit of carefully guarded privacy, but also out of a general caution where online chat is concerned.  Still, this is a rather new interest for me, and it's good to hear the view points of others with a similar interest.

      I became interested in anime as a means of keeping and expanding my Japanese language practice.  My first introduction was Ranma 1/2 which I found to be hilarious though too often employing rude forms of Japanese.  I guess in cartoons you can do anything and get away with it.

      My next was Kannazuki no Miko, and my introduction to yuri.  Kannazuki was interesting and Chikane had resonance in terms of sacrifice even of friendship to save a life (although her tactics were a bit inexplicable and there was too much mech for my taste).  Because of this and because I have a 26 year "yuri" relationship I began searching for other yuri anime.

      Then came Aoi Hana, and a reflection of my high school experience in Fumi (though she had more supportive friends-different era, I suppose).  Erica used the words "breath taking".  I can't think of a better description.

      Now I'm watching Sasameki Koto which feels like a recombinant Aoi Hana/Ranama 1/2.  Is this full circle?

      I'm looking forward to more.

      Charuko

      中町茶流子
      Nakamachi Charuko

      Mrs. Cheryl J.Mason-Middleton
      http://www.linkedin.com/pub/cheryl-mason-middleton/12/514/b5b
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
        Hi Charuko -

        It's great to have you on the list. Hope you enjoy yourself!

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "yoni-1@..." <yoni-1@...> wrote:

        > I've been reluctant to introduce myself out of a long habit of carefully guarded
        > privacy, but also out of a general caution where online chat is concerned.
        > Still, this is a rather new interest for me, and it's good to hear the view
        > points of others with a similar interest.
        >
        > I became interested in anime as a means of keeping and expanding my Japanese
        > language practice.  My first introduction was Ranma 1/2 which I found to be
        > hilarious though too often employing rude forms of Japanese.  I guess in
        > cartoons you can do anything and get away with it.
        >
        > My next was Kannazuki no Miko, and my introduction to yuri.  Kannazuki was
        > interesting and Chikane had resonance in terms of sacrifice even of friendship
        > to save a life (although her tactics were a bit inexplicable and there was too
        > much mech for my taste).  Because of this and because I have a 26 year "yuri"
        > relationship I began searching for other yuri anime.
        >
        > Then came Aoi Hana, and a reflection of my high school experience in Fumi
        > (though she had more supportive friends-different era, I suppose).  Erica used
        > the words "breath taking".  I can't think of a better description.
        >
        > Now I'm watching Sasameki Koto which feels like a recombinant Aoi Hana/Ranama
        > 1/2.  Is this full circle?
        >
        > I'm looking forward to more.
        >
        > Charuko
        >

        > 中ç"ºèŒ¶æµå­
        > Nakamachi Charuko
        >
        > Mrs. Cheryl J.Mason-Middleton
        > http://www.linkedin.com/pub/cheryl-mason-middleton/12/514/b5b

      • Allison P
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
          Irashaimasu! I've only beeon on this list for a day, but I still think
          I can say that. Lol. Well, actually, that's not entirely accurate; I
          was on here once before, but I changed email addresses, so I htought
          it'd be better to re-subscribe, as I'd missed numerous messages. I
          understand about being cautious of online chatting; I was the same for
          a while, but then I just decided, what the heck? Besides, way I look
          at it, with a list like this, we're all civil human beings here (or at
          least should be), and it isn't as if I need to give out my life story
          on a mailing list. I'm pretty safe, I figure. If any enterprising
          hackers want to dig up interesting stuff on me, they'll have to look a
          long time anyways; I'm not that exciting. ^

          My first introduction to anime was through Sailor Moon, and the series
          holds a very special place in my heart because of this. Unfortunately,
          I saw the dub first (yes, I despise the dub, but I shan't rant about
          that here), but at least it let me know that there was anime out
          there! I watched the original Japanese version, fell madly in love
          with Ten'nou Haruka, and the rest is history.