Welcome to our new list members

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2010
      Welcome to our new list members!

      It's been way too long since I did this last. First of all, welcome to all our newest Yuricon Mailing list (YCML) members - and welcome back to some of our oldest list members! Of course, thanks to all the folks who post here regularly. :-)

      New or old, please take a look at our List FAQs, which will give you important links, detail our community standards and hopefully give you an idea of what we're about here: http://www.yuricon.org/faq.html
      The FAQs are a little long, but it really won't take you more than a few minutes to read them through. I ask that everyone please
      do read them. Some things have changed over time, so if you haven't read them in a few years, things *are* different now.

      For the newest members, I hope you'll step up and introduce yourselves. Oldest members, feel free to do the same - some people may not know your early contributions to this community, you can pick up new fans. :-)

      As always, I'll start. My name is Erica Friedman, I founded Yuricon in 2000 as Anilesbocon. In 2003 I began ALC Publishing (which just released "Yuri Monogatari 6" Yuri anthology in 1999), and we ran the first Yuricon event. I write extensively on Yuri at my blog Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com

      I'm glad to welcome you all to the YCML - as far as I'm concerned still the least sucky group of people on the internet. :-)

      ALC Publishing - where the girl always gets the girl
      http://www.anilesbocon.org/shop/alcp.html
    • Kathleen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2010
        Hi Everyone!! My name is Kathleen Bartolome, Filipino but currently residing in Canada. I found this group when I was looking up the the best yuri anime last year. All my searches always came back to Okazu and Yuricon so I signed up to be updated. And wow was I! Erica`s Blog and the Yuricon has been instrumental for a lot of my firsts in Yuri.

        I look forward to more of Erica`s blog and everyone else`s opinion on anything Yuri related :)

        > Welcome to our new list members!
        >
        > It's been way too long since I did this last. First of all, welcome to all our newest Yuricon Mailing list (YCML) members - and welcome back to some of our oldest list members! Of course, thanks to all the folks who post here regularly. :-)
        >
        > New or old, please take a look at our List FAQs, which will give you important links, detail our community standards and hopefully give you an idea of what we're about here: http://www.yuricon.org/faq.html
        > The FAQs are a little long, but it really won't take you more than a few minutes to read them through. I ask that everyone please
        > do read them. Some things have changed over time, so if you haven't read them in a few years, things *are* different now.
        >
        > For the newest members, I hope you'll step up and introduce yourselves. Oldest members, feel free to do the same - some people may not know your early contributions to this community, you can pick up new fans. :-)
        >
        > As always, I'll start. My name is Erica Friedman, I founded Yuricon in 2000 as Anilesbocon. In 2003 I began ALC Publishing (which just released "Yuri Monogatari 6" Yuri anthology in 1999), and we ran the first Yuricon event. I write extensively on Yuri at my blog Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com
        >
        > I'm glad to welcome you all to the YCML - as far as I'm concerned still the least sucky group of people on the internet. :-)

        > ALC Publishing - where the girl always gets the girl
        > http://www.anilesbocon.org/shop/alcp.html

      • Kimberly Thompson

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 30, 2010
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: kbartolome@...
            > Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 04:27:48 +0000
            > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Welcome to our new list members
            >

            > Hi Everyone!! My name is Kathleen Bartolome, Filipino but currently residing in Canada. I found this group when I was looking up the the best yuri anime last year. All my searches always came back to Okazu and Yuricon so I signed up to be updated. And wow was I! Erica`s Blog and the Yuricon has been instrumental for a lot of my firsts in Yuri.
            >
            > I look forward to more of Erica`s blog and everyone else`s opinion on anything Yuri related :)

            Hi Kathleen -  thank you so much for the kind words. I'm sure you'll have a great time here talking about Yuri!

            Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated." http://www.yuricon.org Hungry for Yuri?