Gunjo picked up by Shogakukan!

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 9, 2010
      Hi all -

      My #1 top pick for Yuri in 2009 was a series called "Gunjo" that was running in Kodansha's Morning 2 magazine, but was cancelled this past fall. I just got an email from Nakamura-sensei, it has been picked up by another of the top three manga publishers in Japan, Shogakukan. (Shueisha is the third of the Big Three.)

      The first of three collected volumes will be coming out in Japanese, as soon as next month.

      You know I always ask you to support Yuri buy buying Yuri legitimately. I understand that many of you can't read Japanese and, chances are, even if you can read it a little, this series will befuddle you because their accents are impenetrable, but...

      ...I *beg* you, please, please, even if you have never before bought a copy of a Japanese manga and cannot read Japanese, *buy this manga*. As soon as I have a link to preorder it, I will provide it to you. There has never been a manga I cared this much about or so badly wanted to see be insanely successful.

      For several reasons I feel that this niche manga - this particular one - has a chance to be so wildly successful overseas that the Japanese publisher does a double-take.

      Nakamura-sensei has taken a lot of risks with this manga and I'd like to see her succeed beyond her wildest dreams. So, when I have a link, let's jump on it and make ourselves heard!

    • Nick Perez
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 9, 2010
        It might be available on mangafox or another site when it comes :)

         so I'll check around once you tell me it's been released and i'll send some more links too

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 9, 2010
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: vanezzania@...
          > Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:13:16 -0800
          > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Gunjo picked up by Shogakukan!
          >

          > It might be available on mangafox or another site when it comes :)
          >
          > so I'll check around once you tell me it's been released and i'll send some more links too

          I guess the whole part about "buying" missed you, huh.
          If Mangafox picks it up I will be absolutely certain to make sure they receive a C&D from the artist herself, because that is *stealing*. You do not have the right to steal, just because you don't want to pay for it, don't have the money or because you can't read Japanese.

          http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390706/direct/01/
        • Nick Perez
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 9, 2010
            Oh, right sorry.... :(

            I just knew you liked it so much I  completely missed that, sorry my bad

            I will buy legally when you send a link :)

            once again sorry about that, I'm not too bright when it comes to these kidna things, sorry

            > It might be available on mangafox or another site when it comes :)
            >
            > so I'll check around once you tell me it's been released and i'll send some more links too

            I guess the whole part about "buying" missed you, huh.
            If Mangafox picks it up I will be absolutely certain to make sure they receive a C&D from the artist herself, because that is *stealing*. You do not have the right to steal, just because you don't want to pay for it, don't have the money or because you can't read Japanese.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
                Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • mara_papimer
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 9, 2010
              Rodger!

              I'll be sure to buy this the moment it becomes available. Just be sure that when you find out you paste it in FIVE MILE HIGH LETTERS across every social media you own so that we all know when to order it as often new releases can fly strait by potential buyers without any notice at all.
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 9, 2010
                > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
                > Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 23:39:10 +0000
                > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Gunjo picked up by Shogakukan!
                >
                > Rodger!
                >

                > I'll be sure to buy this the moment it becomes available. Just be sure that when you find out you paste it in FIVE MILE HIGH LETTERS across every social media you own so that we all know when to order it as often new releases can fly strait by potential buyers without any notice at all.

                LOL I promise. In fact, I'll title the posts "BUY THIS MANGA RIGHT **NOW***!!!"

                Will that work do you think? ;-)

                Hungry for Yuri? have some Okazu!
                http://okazu.blogspot.com

              • mara_papimer
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 10, 2010
                  A starting pistol would be ideal.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 11, 2010
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer" <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

                    > A starting pistol would be ideal.

                    :-) I'll do my best.

                    I will also see what we can do about doing a bulk order so those of you who are not comfortable navigating Amazon JP or BK1 but would like to buy the book can do so.

                    Once we get a release date/price, we'll work it out.

                  • Nick Perez
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 11, 2010
                      Usually, if you use google, and your own a page with a foregin language there will probabaly be a button at the top right that says "translate" so it can help you naviagte better.

                      Sometimes it pops up, sometimes it doesn't but if it's just a japanese format of the original fomrat then it shouldn't be that hard to go through

                      But like I said, I don't know :P ....