RE: [Yuricon] Yuricon mini-Excursion - January 16, 2010, New York City

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2010
      From: zovistograt@...
      Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 10:37:34 -0500
      Subject: [Yuricon] Yuricon mini-Excursion - January 16, 2010, New York City

      > Hi, this excursion sounds great, seeing that I'm only a short train ride away ^_^

      > I do have a question though--you said a "dive" if we don't go to a Japanese restaurant (I suggest Misaka on> the edge of Chinatown, but you people probably have better ideas)...when I think of "dive" I think of a bar> or something.  Are there any age restrictions?  I'm 18, so I'd hope there isn't, but...I'd like to check.  > Same thing for the show later.  If there's alcohol, they might not let people under a certain age in...

      Not a dumb question at all - in this case I meant, "dive" as in, "we eat Takoyaki standing on the street because you all embarrass the bejeebus out of me and I want to be able to come back to the restaurant I like." :-) No alcohol for lunch.
      As for the show, I don't think so - the singers aren't of drinking age, so if they can get in, the audience ought to be able to. Drom (the show location) is a restaurant and lounge, not a bar. However, if you'd like to be sensible and double check, the phone number is (212)777-1157. The show is the Reni Mimura show on 1/16.

      http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/
    • Zovistograt
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 15, 2010
        Hello, I just wanted to make sure it's still on for tomorrow!  Where exactly in Kinokuniya are we meeting (1st or 2nd floor)?

        Can't wait to see you all there ^_^

        ~Zovi
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 15, 2010
          We're on. :-)

          Let's say second floor, cafe or the manga stands right in front of the cafe if it's busy. If I'm not there at 12 precisely, have a drink and wait. I'll be in a long black coat, black hair going gray and ear muffs unless it suddenly gets to be 50. Sean is tall, with a big leather fedora.

          Looking forward to having you along!

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Zovistograt <zovistograt@...> wrote:

          > Hello, I just wanted to make sure it's still on for tomorrow! Where exactly
          > in Kinokuniya are we meeting (1st or 2nd floor)?
          >
          > Can't wait to see you all there ^_^
          >
          > ~Zovi

        • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 15, 2010
            I wish I could go.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 17, 2010
              Wow, did we have fun yesterday or what?!?

              I managed to keep my purchases down to one manga, even though we hit two stores. Lunch with translator extraordinaire Mari Morimoto was great and...

              OMG Promise rocked the house!

              I was totally schooled in the true meaning of "moe" watching them. My chest hurt they were so freaking cute. You'll all be happy to hear that one of the songs they performed was "Rainbow" from Aria. They laughed when I told them that I sang along.

              If you're on Facebook, consider fanning Promise: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Promise/204578159384?ref=nf and attending one of their shows. Seriously. They kick ass.

              I'll say this - Reni's got some real chops and I wish I could have tolerated the fannishness in the middle to get to her singing more. But the fourth fan that shrieked unintelligibly into the microphone was 4 too many.

              Thanks to Zovistograt from schlepping along with us, and Sean and Hyo and Rica for joining us for a day of true geekery in the big city! We'll definitely have to do that again. :-)

            • Eureka Tumangday
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 17, 2010
                I'm sure all of you had a great time! Hope I could join you in the future.

                Hello, I just wanted to make sure it's still on for tomorrow!  Where exactly in Kinokuniya are we meeting (1st or 2nd floor)?

                Can't wait to see you all there ^_^

                ~Zovi

                New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
                Hurry before someone else does!