Re: Founding of Yuricon Makes Afterellen.com's Best. Lesbian. Decade. Ever. list!

  • shanejayell2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2010
      Way to go!
      ^__^

      > Hi all -
      >
      > What a morning! I woke to find a comment on Okazu letting me know that the Founding of Yuricon made Afterellen.com's Best. Lesbian. Decade. ever list. I immediately burst into tears, like I won some award or something. :-)
      >
      > http://www.afterellen.com/people/2009/12/best-lesbian-decade-ever?page=0,3
      >
      > I just want to thank you all for your friendship, your support of Yuri and your energy and time.
      >
      > Here's to an even better decade ahead!

      > http://www.yuricon.org

    • Rinu CZ
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2010
        Hi,

        Big congratulation, Erica & Yuricon :). This decade was indeed full of
        nice turns regarding LGBT events. Hopefully, next one will be at least
        the same.

        Cheers,
        Rinu

        2010/1/2 EricaF <anilesbocon01@...>:
        > Hi all -
        >
        > What a morning! I woke to find a comment on Okazu letting me know that the Founding of Yuricon made Afterellen.com's Best. Lesbian. Decade. ever list. I immediately burst into tears, like I won some award or something. :-)
        >
        > http://www.afterellen.com/people/2009/12/best-lesbian-decade-ever?page=0,3
        >
        > I just want to thank you all for your friendship, your support of Yuri and your energy and time.
        >
        > Here's to an even better decade ahead!

        > http://www.yuricon.org

      • Kathleen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2010

          > Hi all -
          >
          > What a morning! I woke to find a comment on Okazu letting me know that the Founding of Yuricon made Afterellen.com's Best. Lesbian. Decade. ever list. I immediately burst into tears, like I won some award or something. :-)
          >
          > http://www.afterellen.com/people/2009/12/best-lesbian-decade-ever?page=0,3
          >
          > I just want to thank you all for your friendship, your support of Yuri and your energy and time.
          >
          > Here's to an even better decade ahead!

          > http://www.yuricon.org

          Alright!!! Congratulations!! Wow, since I stumbled upon your website and blog it really has been an eye opener and a fun learning experience. Thank you for sharing what you know and educating us as much as you can and not only just about yuri, I learned so much more about myself in the process..:)
        • Joseph Wagner
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2010
            Although I've only been following your organization for a little more than half of the decade, every week has been a fun and exciting escape.  It's so awesome that you're finally getting the recognition you deserve for the thousands of hours you poured over things I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole.  Your translation, editing and organizing skills and connections have put yuri on the map.  I have no doubt the next decade will be equally as exciting if you put even a fourth of the energy and enthusiasm into Yuricon that you did last decade (but please don't kill yourself--four jobs is more than any human should have to juggle).  Congratulations.

            ~Senbei

            On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM, EricaF <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

            Hi all -

            What a morning! I woke to find a comment on Okazu letting me know that the Founding of Yuricon made Afterellen.com's Best. Lesbian. Decade. ever list. I immediately burst into tears, like I won some award or something. :-)

            http://www.afterellen.com/people/2009/12/best-lesbian-decade-ever?page=0,3

            I just want to thank you all for your friendship, your support of Yuri and your energy and time.

            Here's to an even better decade ahead!

            "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib
          • Lyn
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2010
              Thanks for sharing this link with us! The entire article was intersting, but having your yuri novel, con, and org in there was the topping! (Perhaps it should have been at the top of the list?) Congratulations!