The Great Manga Gift Guide Project

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25 6:03 AM
      Last week, the New York Times published a Graphic Novel Gift Guide which, to no one's surprise, included no manga suggestions. (It's pretty obvious that the guy the NYT has writing about GNs has no interest in manga.)

      Thus was born the Great Manga Gift Guide Project, in which manga bloggers all over the place are getting together to offer *our* opinions on manga that would make great gifts. I've got a list of as many blogs that are participating as I can. Of course Okazu will also have a list of manga that might make great gifts for the manga fan in your life. I'll post that tomorrow. There may be some surprises on the list. :-)

      This list of blogs participating are also, not coincidentally, a list of some of the best folks on Twitter (which is where the project was born and currently lives under the hashtag #gmgg) and people you should probably be following if you want to understand anything about manga and comics and the industry.

      Please feel free to share the above link or the hashtag, and feel free to become part of the project by adding your blog in the comments! This is totally open-source. There is no application necessary, just jump right in. :-)

      Here is the list in progress: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2009/11/great-manga-gift-guide-project.html

      Enjoy blog-hopping on Thursday and beyond to learn what folks think would make great manga gifts!

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!