Re: Crowdsourcing an idea for Yuricon...

  • shenotski
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 18, 2009
      Sure thing Erica

      > Thanks to everyone who stepped up and offered help on this.
      > I think we'll start a new group somewhere (I wish Google Wave was public - this would be perfect for it) and we'll start looking to hack away at particulars. ;-)

    • Ariel Devorah
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 21, 2009
        As for a storyboard artist (if you need one), my step father is quite an amazing artist, works entirely with pen and maker (no CG), and I'm fairly sure he'd be willing to help out with that aspect of it. He's been in the animation industry for over 20 years now. You can see his work here: http://www.amwsimmons.blogspot.com/

        His specialty is background design, but he has had experience in virtually every aspect of animation. I can ask him exactly what else he might be able to contribute.

        -Ariel D.

        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 22, 2009
          Hi Ariel -

          I totally appreciate you volunteering your Dad, but I'm looking for people who will volunteer themselves. Volunteering once removed almost never really works, since the person being volunteered isn't the person engaged in the project. :-)

          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          From: ladystardusthhh@...
          Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 04:32:36 +0000
          Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Crowdsourcing an idea for Yuricon...

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 22, 2009
            Erica,
              I absolutely understand what you're saying, but if you do need a storyboard artist or any of Alan's other skills (like background design), he will volunteer himself -- this, I know. He's always willing to help me out with art projects and such (he also has a lot of free time on his hands these days).

              Alan is consistently dedicated to any of the work he does (and is totally down for the Yuri cause, btw), so if you need him, I'll ask him to make a Yuricon Group account so he can volunteer himself. Just let me know if you need his abilities.

            If you feel that you need to, you can reply to me off-list if this is getting a little too murky and OT.  ^_^;

            Sincerely,
            Ariel D.