RE: [Yuricon] Crowdsourcing an idea for Yuricon...

    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 15, 2009
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      From: endlessdreamer13@...
      Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 22:44:00 -0800
      Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Crowdsourcing an idea for Yuricon...

      I can do a little bit of animating via photoshop. I'm just a beginner though, but I'd be happy to help. ^^

      Thanks, keep it in mind, if we get a team together, we'll see where we can fit that in.

    • shenotski
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 15, 2009
        Feel free to harras me if you want, i kniw alot about video just from the sheer amount of amvs i've done. Though most of my experience is with 3D from what i did in school my major was animation so if you got any questions let me know.

        I do know some Voice acting communities also along with some Pro/amature VAs can't Garnette anything but i at least know a few people. A big question with the audio would be are you doing pre-lay or dubbing? (for those that don't know that's for all ADR work not just making it english)

        One thing which wasn't mentioned a storyboard artist and whoever is the best 2d animator should do the keyframes, the rest inbetweens.

        Yea i know a lot. Feel free to bug me.
        > Not entirely sure. While I would be producer, I would likely need someone to function as Director. Animators, but also artists to work on characters and backgrounds. At least one other writer, and an editor or two.
        > Someone to handle music, voices/words (not sure how we'd do that....)
        > I'm not much of a video person, so to be honest, I'd want someone as a Director who had some experience or clue. Otherwise I might be flailing around without a key piece.
        > Windows 7: I wanted simpler, now it's simpler. I'm a rock star.
        > http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:112009

      • Kumiko Yamazaki
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 15, 2009
          I would love to be a writer and/or editor..if you'd take me. *^^*

          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          From: pretty.cure@...
          Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:12:58 +0800

          > What kind of workers do you need? :)

          Not entirely sure. While I would be producer, I would likely need someone to function as Director. Animators, but also artists to work on characters and backgrounds. At least one other writer, and an editor or two.

          Someone to handle music, voices/words (not sure how we'd do that....)

          I'm not much of a video person, so to be honest, I'd want someone as a Director who had some experience or clue. Otherwise I might be flailing around without a key piece.

          =============================
          Dare Sensei - The Legend of the Doctor - changed.

          http://sensei.sttrinnians.net/

        • secondontheleft
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 16, 2009
            My BFA was in the direction of music. Depending on what kind of music you end up wanting I might be able to do something of that nature, writing/performing/recording. My current recording software isn't exactly amazing but I'm working on getting something better.

            ~Taz
          • Joseph Wagner
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 17, 2009
              The following message is from my friend Jozi.  He's been under a lot of strain lately because his senior animation project is due in a few weeks.  Consequently he's been getting between two and four hours sleep a night.  Normally he's quite personable:

              I have access to professional equipment till the end of Jan. Officially I can access it till the end of May, as an alumni, but I don't know if I'll be residing within the city limits. If Erica wants anything from me that has HD resolution, I would need an outline or pitch by December, so I can plan ahead, animate, and use the equipment to produce something for viewing audiences.
              If she's looking for a director, I can do it, but the deadline for this project (at least for me) is Jan 30th. Anything after Jan. can't be a guarantee.

              So right now i would need a concept or pitch of what's she's going for. . .  right now, I have no idea.

              I need examples of what she would like to do (she can throw youtube videos for this), I need references of these characters so I can produce model sheets (for anyone else who wants to join the project). And looking at the time constraint I'm under, I would say I can produce 30sec - 1:30 min of animation, depending on how complicated the shots are.

              This would be a short term helping hand. She can take it or leave it. Its all I can give.

              Let her know I can produce something, but there will be upcoming deadlines.

              Also I might not be the greatest person to talk to directly atm, because I'm grumpy and overstressed from a student film I'm trying to finish.

              I'll have you be the negotiator.

              I need to catch ya online sometime soon.

              Later,

              ~Josiah

              --
              "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 17, 2009
                I'll reply to this off the list.

                To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 18, 2009
                  Thanks to everyone who stepped up and offered help on this.

                  I think we'll start a new group somewhere (I wish Google Wave was public - this would be perfect for it) and we'll start looking to hack away at particulars. ;-)

                  > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: firebird1919@...
                  > Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:26:28 +0000
                  > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Crowdsourcing an idea for Yuricon...
                  >
                  > My BFA was in the direction of music. Depending on what kind of music you end up wanting I might be able to do something of that nature, writing/performing/recording. My current recording software isn't exactly amazing but I'm working on getting something better.
                  >
                  > ~Taz

                  > <*> Your email settings:
                  > Individual Email | Traditional
                  >
                  > <*> To change settings online go to:
                  > (Yahoo! ID required)
                  >
                  > <*> To change settings via email:
                  > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
                • shenotski
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 18, 2009
                    Sure thing Erica

                    > Thanks to everyone who stepped up and offered help on this.
                    > I think we'll start a new group somewhere (I wish Google Wave was public - this would be perfect for it) and we'll start looking to hack away at particulars. ;-)

                  • Ariel Devorah
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 21, 2009
                      As for a storyboard artist (if you need one), my step father is quite an amazing artist, works entirely with pen and maker (no CG), and I'm fairly sure he'd be willing to help out with that aspect of it. He's been in the animation industry for over 20 years now. You can see his work here: http://www.amwsimmons.blogspot.com/

                      His specialty is background design, but he has had experience in virtually every aspect of animation. I can ask him exactly what else he might be able to contribute.

                      -Ariel D.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 22, 2009
                        Hi Ariel -

                        I totally appreciate you volunteering your Dad, but I'm looking for people who will volunteer themselves. Volunteering once removed almost never really works, since the person being volunteered isn't the person engaged in the project. :-)

                        To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                        From: ladystardusthhh@...
                        Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 04:32:36 +0000
                        Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Crowdsourcing an idea for Yuricon...

                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 22, 2009
                          Erica,
                            I absolutely understand what you're saying, but if you do need a storyboard artist or any of Alan's other skills (like background design), he will volunteer himself -- this, I know. He's always willing to help me out with art projects and such (he also has a lot of free time on his hands these days).

                            Alan is consistently dedicated to any of the work he does (and is totally down for the Yuri cause, btw), so if you need him, I'll ask him to make a Yuricon Group account so he can volunteer himself. Just let me know if you need his abilities.

                          If you feel that you need to, you can reply to me off-list if this is getting a little too murky and OT.  ^_^;

                          Sincerely,
                          Ariel D.