RE: [Yuricon] Re: The 2009 Yuricon/Yuri Studio AMV Contest is *on*!

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 8, 2009
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: darkchibi07@...
      > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 02:05:50 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: The 2009 Yuricon/Yuri Studio AMV Contest is *on*!
      >

      > Obviously, you plan to post here, right?
      >
      > http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

      Feel free to share the link to the Contests page there, if you'd like. :-)

    • Salvador
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
        Well, the contest announcement thread would look legitimate if you posted there. And it'll be easier for other interested AMV editors to post there if they have questions for you.

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: darkchibi07@...
          > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:14:41 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: The 2009 Yuricon/Yuri Studio AMV Contest is *on*!
          >
          > Well, the contest announcement thread would look legitimate if you posted there. And it'll be easier for other interested AMV editors to post there if they have questions for you.

          Here's the thing - I'm one person. I can't do everything or be everywhere. I'm not part of the AMV.org community. It would be really strange for me to post this there, when I don't bother talking there regularly.

          I believe in social media. :-) I have posted an official announcement here (and on most of the Yuricon spaces, like Facebook, Twitter, the website, etc) and I strongly encourage everyone to share that information wherever and with whomever they like. :-)

          Just go ahead and feel free to use the announcement I sent and put it wherever you think it will be of interest. You'll be a key part of the Yuricon team, helping spread the word. Your help is greatly appreciated!

          Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.
        • Salvador
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
            There has been people who posted announcements about their own new AMV contests there before, and those peeps aren't usually active in the community forums so you don't have to feel awkward about it. But if that's how you feel, I don't mind posting about this on your behalf.

            Heck, I'll do it right now.

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
              > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > From: darkchibi07@...
              > Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 03:03:45 +0000
              > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: The 2009 Yuricon/Yuri Studio AMV Contest is *on*!
              >
              > There has been people who posted announcements about their own new AMV contests there before, and those peeps aren't usually active in the community forums so you don't have to feel awkward about it. But if that's how you feel, I don't mind posting about this on your behalf.
              >
              > Heck, I'll do it right now.

              It's not about feeling awkward, it's about the principles of social media. AMV is not my community - I have absolutely no time to or interest in posting there. If it it *your* community and you want them to know - tell them. Don't ask someone else to do it for you. Share the words I give you here on whatever spaces you want.

              The message I'm trying to tell you - all of you - is, get involved. STOP WAITING for someone else to do a thing. Stop waiting for someone to write, draw, publish the book you want to see. Stop waiting for someone else to run an event you want to go to. Get out there and volunteer, organize, gather people, get things done.

              Can't even envision doing something that big - fine, spread the word of causes and groups you like. Use the forums and boards and lists you are on to spread those words.

              Stop waiting and go do something.

              Cheers,

              Erica Friedman

              Yuricon - "For real women who like their women....animated."
              http://www.yuricon.org

              Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
            • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 12, 2009
                Does the video need to be uploaded to animemusicvideos.org? I can't figure out how to to do it. Or is youtube or veoh, etc, fine?

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 13, 2009
                  To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  From: endlessdreamer13@...
                  Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 18:51:06 -0800

                  > Does the video need to be uploaded to animemusicvideos.org? I can't figure out how to to do it. Or is youtube or veoh, etc, fine?

                  Andi - Please read the Contest Rules and Submission Guidelines  at:
                  http://www.yuricon. org/contests/ index.html The submission guidelines are posted there.

                  Salvador was asking me if I was going to post the contest announcement on AMV.org - his question has nothing to do with the way the AMVs are to be submitted.

                • Salvador
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 7, 2009
                    So only one week left, huh? Do you have enough entries for a solid AMV contest?
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 8, 2009
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Salvador" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

                      > So only one week left, huh? Do you have enough entries for a solid AMV contest?

                      I'm not sure what you mean by "enough." There's no minimum for Yuricon contests. :-) To imply that there needs to be a certain amount is pretty odd, don't you think?

                      We've had contests in the past where there was one entry - that's perfectly fine by me. If one person has passion and interest enough to submit an entry, I'm pleased.

                      Yuricon - "For Real Women Who Like Their Women...Animated"
                      http://www.yuricon.com
                    • Salvador
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 8, 2009
                        I usually (and I bet a good number of people here) used these AMV contests as an opportunity to scope out what kind of AMVs some users are able to produce in one fell swoop like in this case the primarily the yuri ones. So I'm hoping there is more than one entry to check out once this contest is over.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 8, 2009
                          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                          > From: darkchibi07@...
                          > Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:23:27 +0000
                          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: The 2009 Yuricon/Yuri Studio AMV Contest is *on*!
                          >

                          > I usually (and I bet a good number of people here) used these AMV contests as an opportunity to scope out what kind of AMVs some users are able to produce in one fell swoop like in this case the primarily the yuri ones. So I'm hoping there is more than one entry to check out once this contest is over.

                          You can check out the Yuristudio You Tube channel for a number of Yuri AMVs and more whenever I have time to add them! Of course I'll include all of our entries for this year's contest. :-)

                          Windows Live Hotmail gives you a free,exclusive gift. Click here to download.