Re: [OT] Trivia Questions (Yaoi)

  • lynmarenjensen
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2009
      Of the shows you've chosen, I don't know about the yuri shows, but for the yaoi I'd suggest "Fake" and/or "Kizuna." Both run about 30-45 min. or so and are good gateway yaoi. "Fake" is the epsiode that finds Dee and Ryo vacationing in England, and "Kizuna" is a streamlined, simplified version of the first manga vol, a good intro to the four lead characters and overall situation.
      Trivia Q's for a non-yaoi/yuri audience will have to be simple, you'll probably need to keep it focused on what people actually watched. (I'll give an example from "Fake," what police code does Dee use when he goes to rescue Ryo?)

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Andi, Andi Spring, Spring" <endlessdreamer13@...> wrote:

      > The anime club and lbgt groups on campus are working together to host a yaoi/yuri night, which I am in charge of. Yuri shows I'm thinking will be Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto and the yaoi would be Gravitation and Yami no Matsui.
      > What do you all think of the shows that I have chosen?

    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2009
        On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 07:16:23 -0500, Erin Subramanian
        <esubramanian1@...> wrote:

        > Utena: What is on top of the chairman's tower?*An observatory

        Bzzzt! It's a planetarium, not an observatory. Which is a rather
        important part of the plot, after all...

        > Sailor Moon: Michiru catches Haruka from falling and comments that
        > she gained weight. Haruka replied 'Save the -------- ---
        > ---.*scolding for bed
        > Sailor Moon: While waiting in her car, Haruka complains that she is
        > cold. Michiru said. 'I could ---- --- --'*warm you up.
        > Sailor Moon: When Uranus comments that her sword is as sharp as
        > ever, Neptune replies, 'we'll see about that, when ----- -----.*we're
        > alone

        <sporfle>

        Wow, I forgot how deeply hidden the subtext was in that show.
        (But cousins say that sort of thing to one another all the time, right?)
        .oO("Someone's using their powers for evil again..." )