Re: [Yuricon] [OT] Trivia Questions

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2009
      On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:16:31 -0800 (PST), "Andi, Andi Spring, Spring"
      <endlessdreamer13@...> wrote:

      > The anime club and lbgt groups on campus are working together to host
      > a yaoi/yuri night, which I am in charge of. Yuri shows I'm thinking
      > will be Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto
      [...]
      > What do you all think of the shows that I have chosen?

      Whilst Aoi Hana is utterly wonderful, I'd question whether Sasameki
      Koto is the best thing with which to pair it. It might help to have a
      non-schoolgirl yuri anime alongside it just to avoid things being too
      monotone.

      (Yes, there *are* non-schoolgirl yuri anime. Somewhere. Er...
      Simoun? Noir?)
      .oO("Look at http://208.230.240.185/porn ..." )
    • lynmarenjensen
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2009
        Of the shows you've chosen, I don't know about the yuri shows, but for the yaoi I'd suggest "Fake" and/or "Kizuna." Both run about 30-45 min. or so and are good gateway yaoi. "Fake" is the epsiode that finds Dee and Ryo vacationing in England, and "Kizuna" is a streamlined, simplified version of the first manga vol, a good intro to the four lead characters and overall situation.
        Trivia Q's for a non-yaoi/yuri audience will have to be simple, you'll probably need to keep it focused on what people actually watched. (I'll give an example from "Fake," what police code does Dee use when he goes to rescue Ryo?)

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2009
          On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 07:16:23 -0500, Erin Subramanian
          <esubramanian1@...> wrote:

          > Utena: What is on top of the chairman's tower?*An observatory

          Bzzzt! It's a planetarium, not an observatory. Which is a rather
          important part of the plot, after all...

          > Sailor Moon: Michiru catches Haruka from falling and comments that
          > she gained weight. Haruka replied 'Save the -------- ---
          > ---.*scolding for bed
          > Sailor Moon: While waiting in her car, Haruka complains that she is
          > cold. Michiru said. 'I could ---- --- --'*warm you up.
          > Sailor Moon: When Uranus comments that her sword is as sharp as
          > ever, Neptune replies, 'we'll see about that, when ----- -----.*we're
          > alone

          <sporfle>

          Wow, I forgot how deeply hidden the subtext was in that show.
          (But cousins say that sort of thing to one another all the time, right?)
          .oO("Someone's using their powers for evil again..." )