Re: [Yuricon] [OT] Trivia Questions

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2009
      "Sailor Moon: What color is Haruka's car?*yellow"

      Doesn't she have more then one car in the series? As I recall she has a blue Corvet when she and Michiru are raising Hotaru with Sets and a yellow Ferrari. She has more then that in the manga I believe.

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2009
        Do you think the audience will be big yuri/anime fans, or are they going to comprise of people new to the whole yuri/anime scene and just kind of checking it out? If you think it will be a mostly new audience, simpler questions would probably be better. Such as, "What does the word 'yuri' mean in Japanese?" And when someone answers, you can give a brief explanation on the symbolism. Fun and educational!

        For more hardcore otaku and to reference Aoi Hana, you could have a question about Kunihiko Ikuhara having done the storyboard for Aoi Hana's OP. I wouldn't know how to word it well, however. "The opening sequence in Aoi Hana was designed by Kunihiko Ikuhara. What other famous yuri anime has he worked on?" (Utena)

        That's all I can think of for now. I hope this helps a little!

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Andi, Andi Spring, Spring" <endlessdreamer13@...> wrote:

        > The anime club and lbgt groups on campus are working together to host a yaoi/yuri night, which I am in charge of. Yuri shows I'm thinking will be Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto and the yaoi would be Gravitation and Yami no Matsui. We will show one episode of each of those shows with a session of trivia (or Q&A if the trivia doesn't work) on yuri and yaoi.
        >
        > Does anyone have any good trivia questions I could use?
        > What do you all think of the shows that I have chosen?

      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2009
          On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:16:31 -0800 (PST), "Andi, Andi Spring, Spring"
          <endlessdreamer13@...> wrote:

          > The anime club and lbgt groups on campus are working together to host
          > a yaoi/yuri night, which I am in charge of. Yuri shows I'm thinking
          > will be Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto
          [...]
          > What do you all think of the shows that I have chosen?

          Whilst Aoi Hana is utterly wonderful, I'd question whether Sasameki
          Koto is the best thing with which to pair it. It might help to have a
          non-schoolgirl yuri anime alongside it just to avoid things being too
          monotone.

          (Yes, there *are* non-schoolgirl yuri anime. Somewhere. Er...
          Simoun? Noir?)
          .oO("Look at http://208.230.240.185/porn ..." )
        • lynmarenjensen
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2009
            Of the shows you've chosen, I don't know about the yuri shows, but for the yaoi I'd suggest "Fake" and/or "Kizuna." Both run about 30-45 min. or so and are good gateway yaoi. "Fake" is the epsiode that finds Dee and Ryo vacationing in England, and "Kizuna" is a streamlined, simplified version of the first manga vol, a good intro to the four lead characters and overall situation.
            Trivia Q's for a non-yaoi/yuri audience will have to be simple, you'll probably need to keep it focused on what people actually watched. (I'll give an example from "Fake," what police code does Dee use when he goes to rescue Ryo?)

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 5, 2009
              On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 07:16:23 -0500, Erin Subramanian
              <esubramanian1@...> wrote:

              > Utena: What is on top of the chairman's tower?*An observatory

              Bzzzt! It's a planetarium, not an observatory. Which is a rather
              important part of the plot, after all...

              > Sailor Moon: Michiru catches Haruka from falling and comments that
              > she gained weight. Haruka replied 'Save the -------- ---
              > ---.*scolding for bed
              > Sailor Moon: While waiting in her car, Haruka complains that she is
              > cold. Michiru said. 'I could ---- --- --'*warm you up.
              > Sailor Moon: When Uranus comments that her sword is as sharp as
              > ever, Neptune replies, 'we'll see about that, when ----- -----.*we're
              > alone

              <sporfle>

              Wow, I forgot how deeply hidden the subtext was in that show.
              (But cousins say that sort of thing to one another all the time, right?)
              .oO("Someone's using their powers for evil again..." )