RE: [Yuricon] Sasameki Koto anime on Crunchyroll

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 5, 2009
      I'm very glad for Yuri fans. I've been waiting for months to hear whether they got this.

      > To: yuri-ml@...; yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: esubramanian1@...
      > Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 16:11:15 -0400
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Sasameki Koto anime on Crunchyroll
      >
      > CR announced today that they will be simulcasting Sasameki Koto (for
      > users in the Americas and Oceania):
      > http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-568116/fairy-tail-and-sasameki-koto-just-added/
      >
      > It sounds like they've been getting requests for more yuri and have
      > answered them, which is really great on both counts.
      >
      > Episode 1 airs on Wednesday, October 7th at noon PST. I'm looking
      > forward to watching it.
      >
      > Erin

      http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/
    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 5, 2009
        On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 17:14:27 -0400, Erica Friedman
        <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

        > I'm very glad for Yuri fans. I've been waiting for months to hear
        > whether they got this.

        Sadly only for yuri fans in the US and Australia, though. Which is
        rather a bummer for those of us in Europe. :(
        .oO("BECAUSE THE DRIVERS AREN'T INSTALLED" )
      • ryogahibiki99
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 5, 2009
          So once again, the British yuri anime fandom is left out in the cold...

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 5, 2009
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: sparkthatbled07@...
            > Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 21:40:13 +0000
            > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Sasameki Koto anime on Crunchyroll
            >
            > So once again, the British yuri anime fandom is left out in the cold...

            Aoi Hana was available for UK users. I don't know about SK. But you can't really blame Crunchyroll for the fack that licensing is fragmented and weird. Usually they license for US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand - i.e., major English speaking countries.

            http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/
          • Adam Jones
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 5, 2009
              On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 17:56:54 -0400, Erica Friedman
              <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

              > Aoi Hana was available for UK users. I don't know about SK. But you
              > can't really blame Crunchyroll for the fack that licensing is
              > fragmented and weird. Usually they license for US, Canada, UK,
              > Australia and New Zealand - i.e., major English speaking countries.

              I'm sure they have a detailed plan to make money from the rest of the
              English-speaking world by dint of not letting us watch it:

              1) Deny licence
              2) Fairies produce magic gold bars out of the air
              3) PROFIT!
              .oO("Be proud you're idiot! We need the idiots!" )
            • Kumiko Yamazaki
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 5, 2009
                Waaiiii..it will be on my b'day. :D  I hope it's viewable in Malaysia...since we're mostly in the Oceana area. >.>

                Kumi.

                On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 4:11 AM, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...> wrote:
                CR announced today that they will be simulcasting Sasameki Koto (for
                users in the Americas and Oceania):
                http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-568116/fairy-tail-and-sasameki-koto-just-added/

                It sounds like they've been getting requests for more yuri and have
                answered them, which is really great on both counts.

                Episode 1 airs on Wednesday, October 7th at noon PST. I'm looking
                forward to watching it.

                Erin

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                --
                =============================
                Dare Sensei - The Legend of the Doctor - changed.

                http://sensei.sttrinnians.net/

              • Val
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 6, 2009
                  Finally! A wonderful reason to feel happy about my moving to Melbourne! *grins* (opportunity to go to university here notwithstanding of course) I can't wait for tomorrow...*whistles*
                • Sharanna Atreides
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 6, 2009
                    For those who are alredy curiouse about Sasameki Koto:
                    Here is a clip, which looks like an advertisment or somthing like that.

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgTYlhKr4aE&feature=player_embedded

                    I want to watch it @_@!

                    Sharanna.

                       http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Yuricon/ join

                       mailto:Yuricon-fullfeature d@yahoogroups. com

                    ============ ========= ========
                    Dare Sensei - The Legend of the Doctor - changed.

                    http://sensei. sttrinnians. net/

                  • shanejayell2000
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 8, 2009
                      Saw it and liked it. They did a good job of sneaking all the leads into the first episode too.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 8, 2009
                        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: shanejayell2000@...
                        > Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:29:52 +0000
                        > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Sasameki Koto anime on Crunchyroll
                        >
                        > Saw it and liked it. They did a good job of sneaking all the leads into the first episode too.

                        I'm kind of interested in the way the beginning was rewritten to be harsher than the manga's beginning.  Based on what happens in later volumes, I'm wondering if the feedback they got from fans was "It's cute, but it would be better if it was more serious" or they just thought they'd ride on Aoi Hana's coattails. Or something else I can't even think of, like they just said, "let's rewrite it." :-)

                        Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
                        http://okazu.blogspot.com

                      • Jamie Wells
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 8, 2009
                          Like it matters.  It'll be on youtube or some other random website from some brave soul.

                          <alecto_fury@ hotmail.com> wrote:

                          > I'm very glad for Yuri fans. I've been waiting for months to hear
                          > whether they got this.

                          Sadly only for yuri fans in the US and Australia, though. Which is
                          rather a bummer for those of us in Europe. :(
                          --
                          Adam Jones (adam@yggdrasl. demon.co. uk)(http://www.yggdrasl .demon.co. uk/)
                          .oO("BECAUSE THE DRIVERS AREN'T INSTALLED" )

                        • Adam Jones
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 8, 2009
                            On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:40:16 -0700 (PDT), Jamie Wells
                            <tigrisataica@...> wrote:

                            > Like it matters.  It'll be on youtube or some other random website
                            > from some brave soul.

                            Well, yes. But it's nice to have a legal option available. If nothing
                            else it's a chance to demonstrate that there /is/ a market for this
                            sort of thing and perhaps thereby encourage more of it.
                            .oO("EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME SHOUJO! DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!" )
                          • Rinu CZ
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 8, 2009
                              Indeed, Adam. This way I am forced into the leecher mode again. I hope
                              one day the e-distribution will be a matter of rationality not odd
                              clauses :). But cheers for the US and NZ citizens.

                              Since the topic is about CR not Sasameki, I keep a low-profile in
                              opinions about 1st episode.

                              R.