Kampfer RE: [Yuricon] new season

      <1d1c5c520910031217g976e6b7r6dd3c85ad687acf7@...>

      Well I just watched Kampfer and wow was that really crappy! :-) But you got=
      ta give them credit - they know it.

      Cheers=2C

      =0A=
      Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft.=0A=
      http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/=
    • sarcastic_weasel
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2009
        Queen's Blade? You're a brave person, Erica. That's just painful to watch, even for porn. XD

        We salute you for your brave service in reviewing the trashiest of the trashy, so we don't have to.

        I'm still weeding out what I can tolerate this season. So far, I don't see anything that's going to be on the, "Oh wow, this is a great little series" radar. Instead I see a lot of, "Wow, this show is bad, but I can't stop watching it" in a guilty sort of way shows. Summer spoiled me. There were a lot of surprisingly good shows on then.

        My policy in general is to watch the first episode of just about everything, then see what I'm willing to watch the second episode of.

        Oh, Nyan Koi was kind of cute in a not-too-annoying kind of way.

        The Railgun manga gives me hope, actually. Index became dull as dirt at some point, because everyone just started babbling, but Railgun's manga had good action storylines with less talking. We'll see-- it could still be a stinker if the production company drops the ball.

        It's always hard to tell what's good, because the first episode is usually the shiniest one. It's not until episode 2 or 3 that the budget comes back down to Earth and we can start to see what we're *really* going to get.

        Oh well, back to work evaluating. :D
      • Grisznak
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
          QB was shitty, I can't disagree, but hey, its has much more yuri scenes than whole yuri or so called yuri series aired in 2009. And remeber, sex sells! But truly, I don't know if I'll be able to watch second serie of QB.
          About that years... there was maybe one really good, 100% yuri serie - Aoi Hana. But it was way too yuri to break through to the mainstream. Was it bad? Well, I like when from time to time appears yuri serie that becomes very popular and makes people to interest in yuri. There wasn't any serie like that in 2009.
          I can't say that 2009 was terrible for yuri, as it was for whole anime. There were worst years, but there were also better - sometimes one, amazing serie is more worth than three medicore titles. But of course, de gustibus est non disputandum.
          cheers
          Grisznak

          2009/10/4 sarcastic_weasel <sarcastic_weasel@...>

[...]

        • Erica Friedman
            <ha92ss+br92@...>

            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: sarcastic_weasel@...
            > Date: Sun=2C 4 Oct 2009 02:56:28 +0000
            > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: new season
            >
            > Queen's Blade? You're a brave person=2C Erica. That's just painful to wat=
            ch=2C even for porn. XD
            You know=2C that's *why* it's hard to watch. It's not really even porn. It'=
            s just a sad collection of fetishes=2C run through over and over and over. =
            I feel kind of bad for people who get their kicks from something like that.

            > We salute you for your brave service in reviewing the trashiest of the tr=
            ashy=2C so we don't have to.
            Hah.

            > I'm still weeding out what I can tolerate this season. So far=2C I don't =
            see anything that's going to be on the=2C "Oh wow=2C this is a great little=
            series" radar. Instead I see a lot of=2C "Wow=2C this show is bad=2C but I=
            can't stop watching it" in a guilty sort of way shows. Summer spoiled me. =
            There were a lot of surprisingly good shows on then.
            I liked Railgun. It's stupid=2C silly and did I metion stupid? But enjoyabl=
            y so. Kampfer was stupid and they know it - two of the characters argue abo=
            ut the VAs who voice them. It's really not high art.

            > My policy in general is to watch the first episode of just about everythi=
            ng=2C then see what I'm willing to watch the second episode of.
            Mine as well. If I can get through 2=2C I give it 4. After 4 I'll go 8.=A0

            > The Railgun manga gives me hope=2C actually. Index became dull as dirt at=
            some point=2C because everyone just started babbling=2C but Railgun's mang=
            a had good action storylines with less talking. We'll see-- it could still =
            be a stinker if the production company drops the ball.
            See above. It's shiny=2C Mai-Hime-ish=2C without the materialize part.

            > It's always hard to tell what's good=2C because the first episode is usua=
            lly the shiniest one. It's not until episode 2 or 3 that the budget comes b=
            ack down to Earth and we can start to see what we're *really* going to get.

            And because=2C you know=2C it's anime=2C and therefore a bunch of crappy ca=
            rtoons for us emotionally retarded adults. LOL

            Cheers=2C

            The Fanfic Revolution - fanficrevolution.blogspot.com =0A=
            Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft=92s powerful SPAM protection.=0A=
            http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/=
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009

              > QB was shitty, I can't disagree, but hey, its has much more yuri scenes than
              > whole yuri or so called yuri series aired in 2009.

              I strongly disagree. and I really would prefer if you stop cursing so much. This is an all-ages list.

              Kanamemo, for being a really not very-good series has Yume and Yuuki kissing several times and they are shown as a couple in love. I would say that stands heads over anything QB shows as "Yuri."

              > About that years... there was maybe one really good, 100% yuri serie - Aoi
              > Hana. But it was way too yuri to break through to the mainstream.

              ?

              It was a TV show. That is the mainstream. There's no more mainstream to be for an anime. If by "mainstream" you really mean "the personal radar of people I know," again that's a different issue. But as fas as *anime* is concerned, Aoi Hana is the most mainstream Yuri title we've ever had. The magazine it runs in is not hyper-geek magazine. It's bought by both men and women, and it was a TV anime. That makes it pretty darn mainstream for an anime.