Re: Rose of Versailles = good ager

  • Katherine
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2009

      > I am of the (wholly made up in my own head and unsupported by any proof of any kind!) opinion that the moment Ryoko Ikeda passes away, TBS will release a deluge of Rose of Versailles *everything* upon us. :-)

      I can imagine. lol There's already a pretty large amount of RoV merchandise (RoV cell phone straps, cosmetics, pedometers, etc) available at Japanese retailers, if people search for it- pretty remarkable for a series from the 70s. And on the U.S. side, it looks like the RoV soundtrack is available on the U.S. iTunes store, among the numerous new anime/J-pop soundtracks that have been released there lately.

      But...even though I'm glad that it's there, I kind of wonder what marketing logic/expectations went behind releasing the RoV soundtrack on iTunes- it's a great series, but when "Bara Wa Utsukushiku Chiru" is available and names like "Aya Hirano" and "Maaya Sakamoto" aren't up, I have to wonder a little. Anyway, sorry for veering off-topic. ^^; lol