Re: [Yuricon] OT : Evangelion movie (for fun)

  • Nick Perez
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2009
      You could check FUNimation :)

      From: Johann Chua <johannconradchua@...>
      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2009 1:31:35 PM
      Subject: Re: [Yuricon] OT : Evangelion movie (for fun)

      Evangelion 1.0 was at least year's Cinemanila 10 but I missed both
      showings since I didn't check the schedules ASAP. Apparently very
      little buzz on local anime sites.

    • Johann Chua
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2009
        Yeah, I'll be getting the DVD from Funimation.

        Not sure if I should get the Platinum edition of the TV series.
        Haven't seen the show since the very hacked-up Tagalog dub was on TV.
      • Nick Perez
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2009
          Well, the Plantinum version is REALLY expensive where I'm at, it's $79.99 plus tax -_-'

          I would also like to see the original movies that were liscensed by Manga Entertainment, but I heard that they're really dark

          Yeah, I'll be getting the DVD from Funimation.

          Not sure if I should get the Platinum edition of the TV series.
          Haven't seen the show since the very hacked-up Tagalog dub was on TV.

        • pachy_boy
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 7, 2009
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Nick Perez <vanezzania@...> wrote:

            > I would also like to see the original movies that were liscensed by Manga Entertainment, but I heard that they're really dark

            The first one, Death and Rebirth, isn't worth anyone's time, since the first half is just a recap of the series and the second half is the first half of the actual movie, The End of Evangelion. That movie tells the side of the story's ending not revealed in the TV series (explaining what happens to everyone), and while it may be dark and sad, at the same time it still fits and is true to the story's direction, was brutal and gorgeous at once, and it blew me away. It's long been out of print, but you can find it on Amazon merchants.--Pachy
          • Nick Perez
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 7, 2009
              Yeah, i did see once scene from End of Evangelion where Shinji did something rather innporpriate O.o