RE: [Yuricon] Blue Drop liscnesed by Sentai Filmworks

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2009
      Wow, how weird....I actually posted this report about 30 minutes ago, but it seems to have dissapeared into the ehter. -)

      Oh well.

      Yes, we now have three of the four big titles from the last round of Yuri: El Cazador (due out in November, too) and Mnemosyne (slated for Spring 2010) were picked up by Funimation and now Blue Drop was acquired by Sentai. We already know that Nanoha StrikerS is still in limbo due to poor Nanoha sales here in North America. I'd like to see that get picked up, as well.

      We did better this year, since Aoi Hana was licensed immediately by Crunchyroll. Still trying to convince them to look into DVD distribution. Write them if you want Aoi Hana on DVD. :-) If they pick up Sasamekikoto, I'd be very pleased.

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu
      http://okazu.blogspot.com

      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      From: vanezzania@...
      Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:44:09 -0700
      Subject: [Yuricon] Blue Drop liscnesed by Sentai Filmworks

      Let me know if you get this,

      it's offcial the yuri sci-fi anime called Blue Drop has been liscensed by Sentai Filmworks.   Although, not for sure, it was originally liscensed by ADV Films but was transferred due to ADV Films closing down

    • pachy_boy
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2009
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Nick Perez <vanezzania@...> wrote:

        > Well, I do have the whole subtitled season from Clannad from Sentai, and the subtitling seems pretty good, I only couahgt one line but my Japanese is a little rusty.
        >
        > I don't know about the box set or single dvd stuff, or if it'll be subtitled-only because I think Sentai did do a few dubs, maybe not I'm not sure

        As far as I've seen and looked up, Sentai has rereleased series from Geneon and Central Park Media with their original dubs intact, but have yet to produce any dubs for their own shows. By and large their releases are good (at least judging from the Clannad release), albeit there will be the occasional, very noticeable typos but nothing that would really ruin anything.

        After all this time, I was finally this close to getting around to watching a fansub of Blue Drop. Now instead I just have to wait a few months for the official legal release--Pachy
      • Johann Chua
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 3, 2009
          On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 3:40 AM, Nick Perez<vanezzania@...> wrote:
          > What I can say is that ADV Films orginally liscensed it and was going to dub
          > it but they closed down :(

          From what I've gathered, Sentai Filmworks is part of a complicated
          restructuring of ADV.

          http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/editorial/2009-09-01/what-happening-with-adv-films

          Basically, all these new companies are ADV in everything but name.
        • Aaron the PK
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2009
            For the time being, you should assume that all Sentai releases are sub-only unless you hear otherwise (unless its a re-release of a series that was dubbed in the past). The only Sentai releases that have had dubs are re-releases like Mahoromatic. All Sentai releases are 12-13ish episode sets unless its a short OVA that's only a few episodes long.

            Also, for all intents and purposes, Sentai is ADV by another name. ADV never announced the license as ADV nor ever expressed any intention of dubbing it. The first mention of a Blue Drop license was yesterday in a Sentai announcement. They also announced You're Under Arrest Season 2, Special A, Polyphonica, and Tears to Tiara yesterday. All of these titles will be released in November. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-09-02/sentai-filmworks-adds-blue-drop-polyphonica-special-a

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2009
              Oh okay I heard somewhere around that someone  had planned a liscenced/dub of Blue Drop.  But I guess that was false, my bad /\./\
              Either way Blue Drop wil be here in America folks :D

              --
              Sent from my mobile device

            • Rinu CZ
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2009
                I see, thanks for sharing your experiences, Nick and pachy_boy. :)

                R.