RE: [Yuricon] Re: Fleurs bleues

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 22, 2009
      I'll reply privately. :-)

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 22, 2009
        Gunjo is not yandere.

        Really. It is not any other cute fannish term, either. It's for grownup readers.

        To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        From: vanezzania@...
        Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 04:22:58 -0700
        Subject: [Yuricon] Non-moe yandere

        Is there any other non-moe yandere besides Gunjou, becuase if there is I'd like to check it out

        > My copy of Fleurs Bleues (the french translation of Aoi Hana) arrived today.
        >
        > Now I have to read it and see how well they did..
        >
        > Then I write a review for Okazu! (Wait, was that out loud?) ;P

        Yes! Yes please! I would be so very happy if you could write us a review for Okazu.

        I love having guest reviewers and even more, folks from Europe who are seeing things we're not gettting in the US. :-)

        Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu:
        http://okazu. blogspot. com

        Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now.

        Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.
      • Nick Perez
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 22, 2009
          Ugh, I kinda asked the wrong things there...

          let me reprashe those two...

          1. Are there any other non-moe yuri

          2.  Is there any non-moe yandere

          Really. It is not any other cute fannish term, either. It's for grownup readers.

          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups .com
          From: vanezzania@yahoo. com
          Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 04:22:58 -0700

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 22, 2009
            To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            From: vanezzania@...
            Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:08:14 -0700

            >Ugh, I kinda asked the wrong things there...

            let me reprashe those two...

            > 1. Are there any other non-moe yuri
            Lililicious has a very nice list of the yuri they have scanlated by category that will give you some suggestion for more adult titles. Some of them, like yamaji Ebine's work is not moe.

            > 2. Is there any non-moe yandere

            This is my personal opinion and therefore of equal value to anyone else's. :-) "Yandere" pretty much implies moe, because all those words that were based on "tsundere" live in that kind of fandom space.
            There is some dark, gothier Yuri. Again, Lili's list might help identify some titles. I suggest "Maya's Funeral Procession," particularly.

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 22, 2009
              Okay, thank you so much Erica!  I'm kinda getting tired of moe

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 23, 2009

                To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                From: vanezzania@...
                Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 18:51:19 -0700

                > Okay, thank you so much Erica!  I'm kinda getting tired of moe

                My pleasure - I've beetn tired of moe since day one. Infintalizing  characters makes them less real, less threatening and cheaper to draw and holds absolutely no appeal for me.

                ALC Publishing - where the girl always gets the girl