Re: Maria-sama ga Miteru Novel 22, Bara no Mille-Feuille, Intro & Pt. 1

  • twadli3400
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 12, 2009

      > Introduction and Part 1

      Thanks in advanced for the translation. I look forward to reading when I have some downtime. :)
    • catchperfect
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 12, 2009
        WOW. What a treat - thank you all for making this translation happen and getting it out to us even with busy schedules, school, etc. It's much appreciated and I thank you.

        Cheers,
        Grace

        Thanks in advanced for the translation. I look forward to reading when I have some downtime. :)

      • rwslaugh
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 12, 2009
          Thanks for this weekends' reading assignment! Nice work, all three of you!

          Regards,

          Bob

          > Introduction and Part 1

        • Adam Jones
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 13, 2009
            On 13-Aug-2009 00:43 -0000, atheniag wrote:

            > By the way, in its original language the name of the pie is spelled
            > m i l l e f e u i l l e. When you pronounce it, it's all right in Japanese to say "mirufuuyu." But the closest pronunciation to the French for mille-feuille by far is "mirufeeyu". When written, the meaning conveyed is "a thousand women".

            Heh. Close, but not quite. A thousand girls would be "mille filles";
            "mille feuilles" is a thousand sheets or layers. The pronunciations are
            pretty similar, though (I'm *very* rusty, but I'd hazard it as being
            "milfeey" versus "milfoey" to a zeroth approximation...).

            Anyway, thank you very much to Rei, Sukoshi and Erica for all your hard
            work on this translation. :)
            .oO("automatically WhIpE yo hard drive" )
          • Joseph Wagner
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 13, 2009
              You'll have to inform Konno-sensei--I didn't write this book.

              On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Adam Jones <adam@...> wrote:

              On 13-Aug-2009 00:43 -0000, atheniag wrote:

              > By the way, in its original language the name of the pie is spelled
              > m i l l e f e u i l l e. When you pronounce it, it's all right in Japanese to say "mirufuuyu." But the closest pronunciation to the French for mille-feuille by far is "mirufeeyu". When written, the meaning conveyed is "a thousand women".

              Heh. Close, but not quite. A thousand girls would be "mille filles";
              "mille feuilles" is a thousand sheets or layers. The pronunciations are
              pretty similar, though (I'm *very* rusty, but I'd hazard it as being
              "milfeey" versus "milfoey" to a zeroth approximation...).

              Anyway, thank you very much to Rei, Sukoshi and Erica for all your hard
              work on this translation. :)
              .oO("automatically WhIpE yo hard drive" )

              "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib
            • Adam Jones
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 13, 2009
                On 13-Aug-2009 08:03 -0400, Joseph Wagner wrote:
                > You'll have to inform Konno-sensei--I didn't write this book.

                I wasn't sure if that was part of the original or not, which is why I
                didn't say who I was nitpicking. But I figured the three of you
                wouldn't have made that particular mistake. :)
                .oO("Be proud you're idiot! We need the idiots!" )
              • sandman guy
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 13, 2009
                  I too wish to thank everyone who worked on this.

                  I love reading these and seeing the little things that were missed in the anime version. Plus there just a great read.

                  Thanks again.

                  Sandman7

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 13, 2009
                    > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: adam@...
                    > Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:13:49 +0100
                    > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Maria-sama ga Miteru Novel 22, Bara no Mille-Feuille, Intro & Pt. 1
                    >
                    > On 13-Aug-2009 08:03 -0400, Joseph Wagner wrote:
                    > > You'll have to inform Konno-sensei--I didn't write this book.
                    >
                    > I wasn't sure if that was part of the original or not, which is why I
                    > didn't say who I was nitpicking. But I figured the three of you
                    > wouldn't have made that particular mistake. :)

                    As Rei says, we didn't make that up, it's the Intro of the book. If it doesn't have one of our names on it, you'll have to take it up with Konno-sensei.  :-)

                    Get your vacation photos on your phone! Click here.
                  • yurrihyun
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 13, 2009
                      Wow. This completely made my day. Yoshino and Nana are pure win. Loved that Nana is channeling the Torii Eriko spirit of "interesting things."

                      And the guest star of the white rose family was also pure fun.

                      Really enjoyed this (i'm at work and had to hide the laughter) and only wish more of this could have been animated. Rei, Sukoshi, and Erica thank you very much for all your hard work! This fan's heart is going boom, boom, boom for you all!