Interview with Gunjo's Nakamura Ching on Okazu

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2009
      Hello all -

      There's a special treat on Okazu today, an interview with Japanese manga artist Nakamura Ching, the creator of my favorite current manga, "Gunjo."

      http://okazu.blogspot.com/2009/08/interview-with-gunjos-nakamura-ching.html

      I've talked about this manga here, and on Okazu a number of times.

      It's a dark, violent and quite magnificent story of a woman, and the lesbian who loves her running from the police after they commit a terrible crime.

      Nakamura-sensei has been an absolute delight to talk to, and she graciously allowed us to get into her head a bit and learn the hows and whys of "Gunjo."

      I hope you will all read this interview, because it is not at *all* like the typical mangaka interview where they give vague answers and obfuscate things. It's honest, interesting and insightful.

      Enjoy!

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogspot.com/