Ame-iro Kouchkan Kandan Drama CD and Volume 1

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2009
      Hi all -

      I did indeed get my Volume 1 of the Ame-iro Kouchkan Kandan manga and the accompanying Drama CD, at last. The manga, as I suspected, includes the totally obscure origin chapter of the series, which was originally publishing in one of the "Yuri Tengoku" anthologies. (Something that seems impossibly ancient now, but it really only about 5 years old.)

      Of course what *I* really wanted was the Drama CD: Ame-iro Kouchkan Kandan ~ White Engage. And what a drama it was! Without spoiling anything, let me say that the series ends with more couples than it starts with, that the word Yuri is used to describe the people, the teashop, and a curse, and that the ending was...a surprise, really.

      And there was a kiss. I won't say between who and whom, though. It was a nicely acted kiss. I will say that. That's the second Yuri kiss in a Fujieda Drama CD.

      The bonus manga that comes with the Drama CD is typically cute, but has a final portrait of Shiko and Mana-chan-sensei that is really extra super lovely. I'll scan it in and share.

      Happy? Yes. Yes I am. It's not *quite* as stellar as Kotonoha no Miko to Kotodama no Majyo to: Madrigal Halloween, but it is very good.

      The sound effect for Sarasa overheating was perfect. :-)

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogspot.com