Re: [Yuricon] What manga do you ,most want to see as an anime or Live-Action?

  • samantha luquin
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 22, 2009
      For anime you already said I would have liked to see most. Because HayatexBlade is just that great and an anime would help spawn more fans. As such I'll mention my number two most wanted anime adaption, Hourou Musuko. I learned of this manga a week or two ago and it's something I had been looking for. A manga that deals with transgender issues in a sympathetic manner. One that isn't 'we made them like that for the sake of funny jokes!' or 'it makes ridiculous or scandalous plot, no?' It also happens to be a rather good series too. Why it's even one of those rare manga that's managed to make me cry. I have doubts it will become an anime though...

      Now then for live action...HayatexBlade might be fun as a live action. It'd be positively ridiculous and if it failed hard at being a good adaption then it could always be watched for 'so bad it good' guilty pleasures.

    • Johann Chua
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 22, 2009
        Never enough H yuri anime, so....

        After School Rhapsody. Might have to throw in a few other Satoshi
        Akifuji short stories (possibly the non-yuri ones) to get a whole 30
        minute OVA, though.

        Soshite Mezame wa Hajimari is a full tankoubon-length Akifuji futanari
        yuri story (one futa girl, two women, one regular girl) that I like
        much better than Parade Parade, probably due to the student-teacher
        pairings (a la ASR); final bonus flashback side-story chapter is
        all-yuri, to boot. Animating the rest of Parade Parade would be nice,
        too.
      • Ah... Me
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 22, 2009
          I'm almost surprised no has mentioned a particular favorite of mine... "Iono-sama Fanatics" by Miyabi Fujieda (would love to have the 2nd volume translated into English for that matter). It would be a short season anime full of Iono-sama... sobame... girl-chasing, girl catching, sweeping girl off feet... loyal girl henchmen looking totally hot/cool in different styles.... ah... yes... It has a little bit of everything in it, action, comedy, romance, adoration... hot springs... food... what more could one wish for? (while keeping things PG!)... *LOL*

          Thespi

          The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
          better slave race, YET.

          "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." -- James Madison

        • sandman guy
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 22, 2009
            That's easy.

            I was just showing the first season of this anime to my friend last night and she loved it. She's coming back next week for season 2.

            I'd love to see Maria Sama ga miteru done live action. It would, in my mind, make a great drama series. Though many may find it a little too slow, but the pacing is what I like about it.

            Plus if it could get more episodes per season than the anime, I'd like to see some of the dropped stuff from the books put back in.

            As for a Manga into an Anime, I'd love to see Chatting at the Amber Tea House turned into an anime. I'd so watch that. I love the Manga.

            Sandman7.

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 22, 2009
              If speaking about Manga--->Anime--->Live Action i really would like if they do "sasameki koto as anime & for the Live action THEY SHOULD MAKE -->strawberry shake<-- it's comedy mostly but still have this doki doki moments.

              To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              From: anilesbocon01@...
              Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:09:34 +0000

              The subject line is self-explanatory. What manga do you ,most want to see as an anime or Live-Action? If anime, why, if L-A, why?

              As anime go, I would really, really, really like to see "Hayate x Blade" become an anime. It's got all the elements - action, comedy, Yuri and cracktastic- ness. It's already got an amazing voice cast, even if Hayate's voice will make us all want to strangle her. The day I finally hear and see Hitsugi do that thing with her voice, I will do a happy dance for sure. :-)

              As a Live-Action, I have always felt that "Maya no Souretsu" (Maya's Funeral Procession) would make a terrific gothic horror live action.

              What's yours?

              http://www.yuricon. org

              Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Store, access, and share your photos. See how.
            • pachy_boy
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 22, 2009

                > The subject line is self-explanatory. What manga do you ,most want to see as an anime or Live-Action? If anime, why, if L-A, why?

                From the top of my head, I think Angel/Dust, Hayate Cross Blade, Iono-Sama Fanatics and Mononoke Girls' Academy would make for good anime adaptations, and I'd be interested to see adaptations of Blood alone and Train+Train, especially one of Evangelion: Angelic Days where we get to see an alternative world of the characters having happier lives.

                As for live-action, it's my dream project to one day write a screenplay for a certain favorite Yoshitoshi ABe series. I used to entertain in my head the possibility of live-action versions of more wild titles like Excel Saga and Ramen Fighter Miki, just to see if such a thing could be done. Burst Angel and R.O.D. would have great blockbuster visual effects going for them, and Welcome to the NHK would make a great alternative comedy/drama to Train Man--Pachy
              • black_dog_pickles
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 22, 2009
                  A few months back, I tried watching Live Action stuff…Nana, Hataraki Man, Death Note, even. Strangely, I couldn't sit through an episode.

                  Just have to say it, I really do like my women animated.

                  Now then…manga I want to see animated…going out on a limb here, I'd have ta say Maka-Maka. I absolutely love Jun and Nene's emotional bond (yes…yes…I also subscribe to Playboy for the articles cliché…)

                  But, if they tone down the erotica and play up the slice of life part, I think it'd be a good enough anime. And the great thing about it is ya know where everyone stands. No subtext, whatsoever. (No "if you put on your yuri goggles and squint with your left eye…don't blink!! ya might see an elusive yuri moment…")

                  I've given up on Sachiko and Yumi. No matter how much I wish for it, they'll never be more than soeurs. Utena and Anthy…waaay over 10 years…have not kept their tea date.

                  But with Jun and Nene…real women (ok, as real as anime can get), dealing with college/bill collectors/*cough*boyfriends/life, without the yuri angst, enjoying each other's company. Not like some 15 year old still trying to figure out stuff. Saki, I love Saki, the first time I saw her blush all over, I did a double take…wait...wait…are her knees blushing??!? Kawaii!! But, come on, Saki and Nodoka, is it really gonna happen? Exactly…

                  So there ya go, that's what I want, a non-hentai version of Maka-Maka (tho would you consider Maka-Maka in its original version hentai?)

                  Oooh, one last thing, and ummm maybe going off topic here, I know it's been said that yuri is not lesbian. So that's another thing I want - a lesbian anime. I don't know if there are any Sato Sei mangas out there, but I would LOVE to see 20,000 animated episodes of Sato Sei…

                  :oP
                • Grisznak
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 23, 2009
                    I'd love to see Utena or Mai Hime. Why? I'm more than sure that it would be as much amusing as Sailor Moon Live Action. Oh! and Sailor Moon next series with Ruka and Michi and (tadaaa!) Sailor Stars. Imagine their sex changing transformations made in the way they made Sailor Senshi henshins. Might be super amusing.

                    But seriously, I'd like to see Oniisama E in live version.
                    cheers
                    Grisznak

                    2009/7/23 black_dog_pickles <Pi567@...>

[...]

                  • josephglanvill
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 24, 2009
                      Dead simple. Angel Sanctuary, properly done anime, perhaps by Ikuhara. Angel Sanctuary is one of my favorites and it's a damn shame they haven't made a good anime from it yet.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 24, 2009
                        Dead simple. Angel Sanctuary, properly done anime, perhaps by Ikuhara. Angel Sanctuary is one of my favorites and it's a damn shame they haven't made a good anime from it yet.

                        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "pachy_boy" <pachy_boy@...> wrote:

                        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > The subject line is self-explanatory. What manga do you ,most want to see as an anime or Live-Action? If anime, why, if L-A, why?
                        >
                        > From the top of my head, I think Angel/Dust, Hayate Cross Blade, Iono-Sama Fanatics and Mononoke Girls' Academy would make for good anime adaptations, and I'd be interested to see adaptations of Blood alone and Train+Train, especially one of Evangelion: Angelic Days where we get to see an alternative world of the characters having happier lives.
                        >
                        > As for live-action, it's my dream project to one day write a screenplay for a certain favorite Yoshitoshi ABe series. I used to entertain in my head the possibility of live-action versions of more wild titles like Excel Saga and Ramen Fighter Miki, just to see if such a thing could be done. Burst Angel and R.O.D. would have great blockbuster visual effects going for them, and Welcome to the NHK would make a great alternative comedy/drama to Train Man--Pachy

                      • szeweii
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 24, 2009
                          For Anime, I pick Hayate X Blade. It'd be awesome to see all the fight scenes and even cooler to have voices put to the characters. I can't wait to hear Hitsugi's! Though, Iono-sama The Fanatics should be entertaining as an anime as well.

                          For Live Action, just picture Strawberry Shake Sweet! I think it'd translate well into Live, and I absolutely loved the manga.
                        • shinjucommittingseppuku
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 24, 2009
                            As much as I might get shot for this, I'd really enjoy a live-action Utena movie directed by Tarsem Singh or Ken Russel (although he's 82 now so it probably wouldn't happen, lol). Something about Utena makes me want to see it made in live-action (in a Western country for some reason; probably because I really liken it to Western Fairy tales)... I can literally imagine it in my head, and it's awesome.

                            I love Tarsem's direction; he started as a music video director and moved on to feature length movies, which lends an intense, surreal, artistic quality to his work... I'd recommend "The Fall" if you've never seen his movies, although "The Cell" as, well, stupid as it is, is really cool to watch (I blame poor casting for its suckier bits.) I think he could do a really good job with it, if only I was a member of the SGA XD

                            And Ken Russel is a director that... needs to be experienced to be fully understood. If you haven't seen anything by him, well.... I'm sorry. Just youtube Altered States or something. He's obsessed with exploring sexuality, religion and the effect of traditional roles in society on our psyche, something Utena really explores indepth... I'll try to invent a time machine and send a copy of the series into the 1970s :P
                          • DJ 'Bug' W.
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 24, 2009
                              hands down i'd loved to see Stray Little Devil made into a short anime series. it's got humor, tons of yuri, some drama,and maybe a few lessons along the way. and the artwork could and would be just awesome :)

                              live action...i'm still recovering from just a few episodes of sailor moon live action....i didn't know whether to laugh at the horrible acting and cheezy specail effects or cry that they took out the subtext between two of my favorite characters ami and makoto (not to mention go off and a totally out there tangent story wise.). but if they COULD do it with ruining it, Mai Hime or even Mai Otome would be pretty cool. i'll second the Joss Whedon and firefly/bsg special effects crew though, that be just sweeeet!

                              ~Bug
                              (::)0<
                            • hynavian
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 24, 2009
                                Perhaps Manga no Tsukurikata would make an enjoyably sweet anime like what Aoi Hana is doing now. Seldom do we get to see a plot that involves the making of manga, manga artists and girl love.

                                I have been catching quite a few live actions after Love My Life impressed me but I become more and more disappointed after catching some other gl Live-Action. I really have no idea which manga would make a good Live-Action but I guess something contemporary or a realistic slice of life series would make it easier for viewers to relate. (:
                              • Shane
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 24, 2009

                                  While I'm not sure what I would like to see made into a live action besides the next season of Sailor Moon so we can get Haruka and Michiru there is in fact a Blood/Blood+ live action coming out that apparently has much subtext between Saya and another female character. I'm not sure how much is Yuri goggles or how close it is to the series but it seems to be american made since I've only seen English trailers.

                                  For Anime I would definately go with Hayate x Blade.