Any idea about "Kanamemo"?

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2009
      Yo.

      I'm looking at the new arrivals for this season and I see this show that looks suspiciously like sunshine sketch with less pastels.

      It turns out that I wasn't too far off as it was originally a 4 panel comic in Manga Time Kirara Max.

      I also saw this: http://blog.seiha.org/images2/kanamemo1/kanamemo1_26.jpg

      And after a bit of searching I saw that it was about a forgettable main character who gets a job at a 'newspaper store'. However I cannot find anything but the most vague descriptions of the two characters in the above picture. All I get are vague mentions of possibilities.

      However I don't have much hope for this an anime that comes out of a very bread and butter 4 panel comic with barely a volume out already.

      Decent opening though.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2009
        I keep hearing that there is a "Yuri couple" in it - since it is a Mang Time CR comic, I think we can guess what that means. Ambiguously gay butchy girl with ambiguously wife-y femme who are inseparable, but unconfirmable. ;-)

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
        > Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 01:33:43 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Any idea about "Kanamemo"?
        >
        > Yo.
        >
        > I'm looking at the new arrivals for this season and I see this show that looks suspiciously like sunshine sketch with less pastels.
        >
        > It turns out that I wasn't too far off as it was originally a 4 panel comic in Manga Time Kirara Max.
        >
        > I also saw this: http://blog.seiha.org/images2/kanamemo1/kanamemo1_26.jpg
        >
        > And after a bit of searching I saw that it was about a forgettable main character who gets a job at a 'newspaper store'. However I cannot find anything but the most vague descriptions of the two characters in the above picture. All I get are vague mentions of possibilities.
        >
        > However I don't have much hope for this an anime that comes out of a very bread and butter 4 panel comic with barely a volume out already.
        >
        > Decent opening though.

        > Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > To change settings via email:
        > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailĀ®.
      • yurianimeotaku
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2009
          I watched the first episode of "Kanamemo" and yes, the couple in the picture, Yume (the blonde) and Yuuki appear to be a yuri couple. Yuuki is REALLY attached to Yume. They shared a mutual kiss (the picture), Yume kissed Yuuki to make her feel better, and after Yume gives Kana her futon, she asks Yuuki if she can share hers. Yuuki blushes.

          Kana, a 13 year old orphan, is the primary character who runs away from her recently deceased grandmother's house, thinking the family is going to sell her along with her grandmother's belongings. She ends up at a small newspaper office where Yume, Yuuki, Hinata, Haruka, and Saki work.

          Yume is a happy bubbly character who is attending pastry school and likes cats.
          Yuuki is a quiet character who likes Yume and all things Yume.
          Hinata is a tomboy who likes to bet on horse racing, is always looking for ways to make money, and has failed the University entrance exams three times.
          Haruka is a college student studying Bio-Fermentation who LOVES to drink and has a serious loli fixation. She glomps on Saki every chance she gets.
          Saki is a serious character who is the assistant chief of the office and still in grade school.

          I'm looking at the new arrivals for this season and I see this show that looks suspiciously like sunshine sketch with less pastels.

          It turns out that I wasn't too far off as it was originally a 4 panel comic in Manga Time Kirara Max.

          I also saw this: http://blog. seiha.org/ images2/kanamemo 1/kanamemo1_ 26.jpg

          And after a bit of searching I saw that it was about a forgettable main character who gets a job at a 'newspaper store'. However I cannot find anything but the most vague descriptions of the two characters in the above picture. All I get are vague mentions of possibilities.

          However I don't have much hope for this an anime that comes out of a very bread and butter 4 panel comic with barely a volume out already.

          Decent opening though.

        • Janie (AudioErotica)
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7, 2009

            I’m enjoying Kanamemo!

            As mentioned, this show does indeed have a canon yuri couple as well as a yuri lolicon character (which is oddly disturbing and oddly entertaining at the same time).  I’m not sure where the, “might be yuri” naysayers are coming from but if one were to compare the first episode of Aoi Hana to the first episode of Kanamemo, the latter delivers canon yuri where the former is only subtext at this point.  Having read Aoi Hana I know this show will deliver but considering that Kanamemo is penned by the same mangaka that does Flower Flower I think it’s safe to say that the canon yuri couple will stay that way in this series.  At least, in my book, it’s better to support Kanamemo, Aoi Hana and Saki (all of which are available on Crunchy Roll and are yuri-ific) than all the squeening I’ve seen going on around the Yuriverse over the Needless ED!

            I get that Kanamemo is not for everyone but with a yuri couple in it I’m surprised there isn’t more chatter about it.  (o_O)

            On another related note, I just signed up for my CR subscription as well and sent them a ‘thank you’ email for bringing yuri shows to their lineup.  I was not expecting a reply but I got one.  I would encourage all the other new subscribers to do the same to that the good people over a Crunchy Roll know the yuri audience is out there and willing to pay for streaming yuri anime.  I also mentioned in the email that I would like it if they could get Sasameki Koto so HOPEFULLY they will try to obtain the license for that show as well.

            Thanks,

            AE