RE: [Yuricon] Important Aoi Hana info for Crunchyroll non-subscribers

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2009
      Not every anime is available for download. If it is, there will be a separate link at the bottom of the anime screen with a link to download which will lead to any information if there is a separate charge for download.

      ________________________________
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: ellen@...
      > Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 18:51:18 -0500
      > Subject: RE: [Yuricon] Important Aoi Hana info for Crunchyroll non-subscribers

      > I've
      > been on the Crunchyroll site, looking all about for info on downloading (instead
      > of streaming). Is that something that only gets explained after you sign up? I
      > can see the subscription being reasonable - nay, glorious! but only if it lets
      > me have a copy, instead of watch a copy.
      >

      > Anybody found a discussion on their site?
      >

      > Ellen

    • Sharanna Atreides
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2009
        Hey

        Personally - I think that's a pain in the *** for paying crunchyrolle. You pay them your "sandwich" but aren't able to watch the animes you want to, since it isn't aviable in your country. But that's my opinion, since I am not able to watch most of the animes - only the popular onec, which are not interessting for me.

        Greetings

        ymailto="mailto:Yuricon@yahoogroups.com" href="mailto:Yuricon@yahoogroups.com">Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: ellen@...
        > Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 18:51:18 -0500
        > Subject: RE: [Yuricon] Important Aoi Hana info for Crunchyroll non-subscribers

        > I've
        > been on the Crunchyroll site, looking all about for info on downloading (instead
        > of streaming). Is that something that only gets explained after you sign up? I
        > can see the subscription being reasonable - nay, glorious! but only if it lets
        > me have a copy, instead of watch a copy.
        >

        > Anybody found a discussion
        on their site?

        > Ellen

        target="_blank">http://okazu.blogspot.com

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Rinu CZ
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2009
          Hi,
          I'm not a fan of country restrictions but I have to admit it's a really nice deal for people who are allowed to access it. Maybe not for you but for people from listed countries, it is. Nobody forced you, Sharanna, to obtrude.
          I hope these who have granted a legal access, use the offer and support the idea, Erica :).
          With kind regards,
          Rinu

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 7, 2009
            ________________________________
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: sharannax@...
            > Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 08:36:56 +0000
            > Subject: AW: [Yuricon] Important Aoi Hana info for Crunchyroll non-subscribers
            >
            > Hey
            >
            > Personally - I think that's a pain in the *** for paying crunchyrolle. You pay them your "sandwich" but aren't able to watch the animes you want to, since it isn't aviable in your country. But that's my opinion, since I am not able to watch most of the animes - only the popular onec, which are not interessting for me.

            My suggestion is for those countries that *can* see Crunchyroll.

            crunchyroll is a US company. It stands to reason that they license series for the US and other English-speaking countries. If you want to see something change, change it. The man who created Crunchyroll saw a business opportunity and filled it. If you see an opportunity in your country, go for it. It's not impossible.

          • Ariel Devorah
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 7, 2009
              > My suggestion is for those countries that *can* see Crunchyroll.
              >
              > crunchyroll is a US company. It stands to reason that they license series for the US and other English-speaking countries. If you want to see something change, change it. The man who created Crunchyroll saw a business opportunity and filled it. If you see an opportunity in your country, go for it. It's not impossible.

              I have some questions -- How good are the translations on Crunchyroll? Do they leave in the honorifics, and translate words like "onee-chan" as "sister" or do they do, what is my biggest pet peeve, and use the character's name as the translated text instead? Those kinds of things.

              -Ari
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 7, 2009
                You can watch the first episode and decide for yourself whether you like it:
                http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Aoihana

                The first episode is up already and can be watched by anyone in a licensed country with or without subscription.