Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana DVDs on Amazon

  • Nick Perez
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009

      OOOOOooooohhh.....  I'm SO dumb XP

      From: Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...>
      To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, July 3, 2009 8:11:23 PM
      Subject: RE: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana DVDs on Amazon

      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: smithie_28@...
      > Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 23:20:20 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana DVDs on Amazon
      >

      > Hey everybody,
      >
      > It looks like the Aoi Hana DVDs are already up for pre-order on Amazon, for anybody curious/interested. Volume 1 is scheduled for release on October 23, volume 2 is scheduled for November 25, volume 3 for
      December 22, and volumes 4 and 5 in 2010. I would love to see Aoi Hana do well in DVD sales, and cause more anime studios/sponsors to view at yuri as a profitable genre to adapt. ^^

      Yuri is already pretty profitable in Japan. That's why you're seeing more Yuri magazines - we're now up to three quarterlies, and Ryuu and Kirara are both heavily Yuri-ish and Yuri is an add-on in more stories. It's not as profitable in the US, where fans typically download rather than buy (and there's no sense of "buy to show your support and be part of the team.")

      It definitely looks like 11 episodes - good catch there Sal! Since the audience for AH is pretty much eclectic, I hope it has good ratings/sales and gets some another season. LOL Wishful thinking already after one episode.

      Nick - this is a listing for Amazon JP. No license has been anpunced for the US yet. With Crunchyroll showing it, there may be none. I'd love a DVD release myself.

      The Fanfic Revolution - fanficrevolution..blogspot.com

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)