RE: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana, Ep. 1 (No spoilers)

  • Ellen Kuhfeld
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
      Back in the Sixties I was doing fan comics. Published a few things of my
      own, and some stories in Star Studded Comics. Hand lettering is, indeed,
      brutal.

      Ellen

      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
        On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Erica Friedman<alecto_fury@...> wrote:
        > I don't have the hatred other people do for MS Comic Sans. If Apple had created it,
        > people would call it the number one best font EVAR so, whatever. It's a font that is
        > easily available to a lot of people starting out. There's nothing wrong with it *as a font*
        > it just has the misfortune to be 1) by Microsoft and 2) Overused.

        Comic Sans was loosely based on comics lettering (specifically
        WATCHMEN's), but I don't think it was intended to be used for actual
        comics since computer lettering wasn't in vogue at the time.
      • Todd
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
          Welcome! I loved the first episode too. It played fine with subs at home, and also at work on my lunch break (though I had to wait two minutes for it to start for some reason). The story sucked me in right away, even though I found a few parts predictable.

          The character design and watercolor look were nice, and the characters drew me in. I'm looking forward to next week already!

          > Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm 45 and live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Found out about you guys at an old Toronto Trek convention ( I think it was TT18 or somewhere around there).

          OT: I'm just about 40 and live in San Jose, CA, but I'm going to Montreal for the first time August 6-10 for Worldcon (http://www.anticipationsf.ca/). Planning to go?

          Todd
        • KuRo NeKo SaM
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
            hey guyz,
            i just have a problem u know i cant watch crunchy for some reason "rigion policy"!! first veoh now this!!...:( its really depressing!...anyways just wanna say the anime art is amazing. i hope it lived by its story nothing more nor less.

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
              There is a list on Crunchyroll of the countries that can view the anime: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-526915/aoi-hana-is-here/

              The rest cannot officially see it, because of national licensing and Internet restrictions.