RE: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: senbei@...
      > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:56:46 -0400
      > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

      > What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour? That sound problematic... Who are these people?

      Its much more like they have an arrangement with the Japanese licensor that allows them a copy of the script *before* it airs, so they can work on the subs. :-)

      They've been doing this kind of "simulcasting" for a number of series. Naruto, One Piece (rather famously, there was a breach of security on this), Saki, Restaurant Paradiso and many others. You can seem them listed on the Crunchyroll site.

      Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
    • Joseph Wagner
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
        Oh wow.  I can't believe I missed that news bite.  Thanks for the info!

        On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
        > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:56:46 -0400
        > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

        > What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour? That sound problematic... Who are these people?

        Its much more like they have an arrangement with the Japanese licensor that allows them a copy of the script *before* it airs, so they can work on the subs.  :-)

        They've been doing this kind of "simulcasting" for a number of series. Naruto, One Piece (rather famously, there was a breach of security on this), Saki, Restaurant Paradiso and many others. You can seem them listed on the Crunchyroll site.

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib