RE: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: senbei@...
      > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:44:00 -0400
      > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast
      >

      > First licensing anime, now broadcasting raw anime? This company needs my money.

      Not raw - with English subtitles, like all their other simulcasts.

    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
        On 01-Jul-2009 08:06 -0400, Erin Subramanian wrote:
        > It appears that Aoi Hana is going to be simultaneously broadcast on
        > Crunchy Roll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/aoihana

        To my amazement it even appears to be available in the UK. I shall have
        to give it a try later...
        .oO("endevor not to 'go through trees'" )
      • samantha luquin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
          This is very fun news. I just need to convince my mother I need the computer at that time for about a half hour and then she can farm for all the whatevers she wants.  Thank you for letting me know this.

          -Samantha

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
            What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour?  That sound problematic...  Who are these people?

            On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: senbei@...
            > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:44:00 -0400
            > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

            > First licensing anime, now broadcasting raw anime? This company needs my money.

            Not raw - with English subtitles, like all their other simulcasts.

            "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
              > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > From: senbei@...
              > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:56:46 -0400
              > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

              > What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour? That sound problematic... Who are these people?

              Its much more like they have an arrangement with the Japanese licensor that allows them a copy of the script *before* it airs, so they can work on the subs. :-)

              They've been doing this kind of "simulcasting" for a number of series. Naruto, One Piece (rather famously, there was a breach of security on this), Saki, Restaurant Paradiso and many others. You can seem them listed on the Crunchyroll site.

              Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
            • Joseph Wagner
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                Oh wow.  I can't believe I missed that news bite.  Thanks for the info!

                On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
                > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:56:46 -0400
                > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

                > What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour? That sound problematic... Who are these people?

                Its much more like they have an arrangement with the Japanese licensor that allows them a copy of the script *before* it airs, so they can work on the subs.  :-)

                They've been doing this kind of "simulcasting" for a number of series. Naruto, One Piece (rather famously, there was a breach of security on this), Saki, Restaurant Paradiso and many others. You can seem them listed on the Crunchyroll site.

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                --
                "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib