Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

  • Joseph Wagner
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
      First licensing anime, now broadcasting raw anime?  This company needs my money.

      On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 8:06 AM, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...> wrote:

      It appears that Aoi Hana is going to be simultaneously broadcast on
      Crunchy Roll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/aoihana
      A legitimate broadcast online--I couldn't be happier.
      Episode 1 airs in about 7 hours.

      Erin

      --
      "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: senbei@...
        > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:44:00 -0400
        > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast
        >

        > First licensing anime, now broadcasting raw anime? This company needs my money.

        Not raw - with English subtitles, like all their other simulcasts.

      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
          On 01-Jul-2009 08:06 -0400, Erin Subramanian wrote:
          > It appears that Aoi Hana is going to be simultaneously broadcast on
          > Crunchy Roll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/aoihana

          To my amazement it even appears to be available in the UK. I shall have
          to give it a try later...
          .oO("endevor not to 'go through trees'" )
        • samantha luquin
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
            This is very fun news. I just need to convince my mother I need the computer at that time for about a half hour and then she can farm for all the whatevers she wants.  Thank you for letting me know this.

            -Samantha

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
              What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour?  That sound problematic...  Who are these people?

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > From: senbei@...
                > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:56:46 -0400
                > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

                > What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour? That sound problematic... Who are these people?

                Its much more like they have an arrangement with the Japanese licensor that allows them a copy of the script *before* it airs, so they can work on the subs. :-)

                They've been doing this kind of "simulcasting" for a number of series. Naruto, One Piece (rather famously, there was a breach of security on this), Saki, Restaurant Paradiso and many others. You can seem them listed on the Crunchyroll site.

                Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
              • Joseph Wagner
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                  Oh wow.  I can't believe I missed that news bite.  Thanks for the info!

                  On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
                  > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:56:46 -0400
                  > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

                  > What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour? That sound problematic... Who are these people?

                  Its much more like they have an arrangement with the Japanese licensor that allows them a copy of the script *before* it airs, so they can work on the subs.  :-)

                  They've been doing this kind of "simulcasting" for a number of series. Naruto, One Piece (rather famously, there was a breach of security on this), Saki, Restaurant Paradiso and many others. You can seem them listed on the Crunchyroll site.

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                     mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  --
                  "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib