Aoi Hana simulcast

  • Erin Subramanian
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
      It appears that Aoi Hana is going to be simultaneously broadcast on
      Crunchy Roll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/aoihana
      A legitimate broadcast online--I couldn't be happier.
      Episode 1 airs in about 7 hours.

      Erin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...> wrote:

        > It appears that Aoi Hana is going to be simultaneously broadcast on
        > Crunchy Roll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/aoihana
        > A legitimate broadcast online--I couldn't be happier.
        > Episode 1 airs in about 7 hours.

        I'm glad to see that public news at last. :)

        Hungry for Yuri? Have Some Okazu!
        http://okazu.blogspot.com
      • Joseph Wagner
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
          First licensing anime, now broadcasting raw anime?  This company needs my money.

          --
          "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: senbei@...
            > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:44:00 -0400
            > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast
            >

            > First licensing anime, now broadcasting raw anime? This company needs my money.

            Not raw - with English subtitles, like all their other simulcasts.

          • Adam Jones
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
              On 01-Jul-2009 08:06 -0400, Erin Subramanian wrote:
              > It appears that Aoi Hana is going to be simultaneously broadcast on
              > Crunchy Roll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/aoihana

              To my amazement it even appears to be available in the UK. I shall have
              to give it a try later...
              .oO("endevor not to 'go through trees'" )
            • samantha luquin
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                This is very fun news. I just need to convince my mother I need the computer at that time for about a half hour and then she can farm for all the whatevers she wants.  Thank you for letting me know this.

                -Samantha

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                  What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour?  That sound problematic...  Who are these people?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                    > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: senbei@...
                    > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:56:46 -0400
                    > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

                    > What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour? That sound problematic... Who are these people?

                    Its much more like they have an arrangement with the Japanese licensor that allows them a copy of the script *before* it airs, so they can work on the subs. :-)

                    They've been doing this kind of "simulcasting" for a number of series. Naruto, One Piece (rather famously, there was a breach of security on this), Saki, Restaurant Paradiso and many others. You can seem them listed on the Crunchyroll site.

                    Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
                  • Joseph Wagner
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                      Oh wow.  I can't believe I missed that news bite.  Thanks for the info!

                      On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
                      > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:56:46 -0400
                      > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana simulcast

                      > What? They're going to sub something in less than an hour? That sound problematic... Who are these people?

                      Its much more like they have an arrangement with the Japanese licensor that allows them a copy of the script *before* it airs, so they can work on the subs.  :-)

                      They've been doing this kind of "simulcasting" for a number of series. Naruto, One Piece (rather famously, there was a breach of security on this), Saki, Restaurant Paradiso and many others. You can seem them listed on the Crunchyroll site.

                      <*> Your email settings:
                         Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                         (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                         mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

                         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      --
                      "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib