Re: Angel Sanctuary shippers? [Spoiler alert]

  • josephglanvill
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 7, 2009
      Can't see either, I'm afraid. Kurai's pretty "confused" about Alexiel, but I read that as her childish worship, with Alexiel wanting to spare her the burden of becoming another War Goddess. There's scant evidence that Alexiel and Jibril even met.

      My Kurai/Noise slash is based on the fact that Noise's feeling towards Kurai must have been imensely strengthened by the events in books 9 through 11. Conversely, Kurai has finally grown up, but as a young Queen she'll need to rely on Noise a great deal.

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Alkmaion" <minyer@...> wrote:

      > Not bad, though I kinda wish Alexiel/Kurai would find each other after
      > Setsuna´s death
      > HM, Alexiel/Jibril would be nice too, if onlyx it isn´t just a reborn Setsuna/Sara story.
      >
      > > Follow up to my Berserk question, any other Angel Sanctuary fans here? I'm fan of Noise x Kurai (after the series) myself.

    • josephglanvill
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2009
        But, yay, fellow AS fan!

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Alkmaion" <minyer@...> wrote:

        > Not bad, though I kinda wish Alexiel/Kurai would find each other after
        > Setsuna´s death
        > HM, Alexiel/Jibril would be nice too, if onlyx it isn´t just a reborn Setsuna/Sara story.
        >
        > > Follow up to my Berserk question, any other Angel Sanctuary fans here? I'm fan of Noise x Kurai (after the series) myself.

      • Alkmaion
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 8, 2009
          Oh, and Alexiel isn´t?
          After seeing all the intrigues unravel, seeing her brother die and in a way unite with her, Alexiel is all dandy and fine?
          I don´t think so.

          Give her 75 years of contemplating things(Setsuna´s lifespan) I´d say she would still unsure about things. But with returning to heaven I can see Alexiel crave the normal life Kurai could offer her.
          And perhaps kurai has grown too...

          And let´s not forget that with God, Adam Kadamon and Rosiel dead, the six winged angel is now the highest being in the celestial hierarchy.

          Not that I can see her taking up the job.
          But I can see her trying to determine her place and deciding to leave because she threatens the balance in Heaven.

          About Alexiel/Jibril, I´m not sure they met as themselves, too. Have to reread in time. I was talking post Setsuna´s death, them meeting as themselves.

          Alkmaion

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 9, 2009
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Alkmaion" <minyer@...> wrote:

            > Oh, and Alexiel isn´t?
            > After seeing all the intrigues unravel, seeing her brother die and in a way unite with her, Alexiel is all dandy and fine?
            > I don´t think so.

            Not in that way. The main scene between Alexiel and Kurai is where Kurai brags that she wants to grow strong and marry Alexiel and protect her. Alexiel seems to treat this with the indulgence proper to a kids boast.

            There's also the whole relationship between her and Lucifer (of which I am something of a fan). Given that Kurai's story is very much one of growing up, I don't think that option would still exist.

            > But I can see her trying to determine her place and deciding to leave because she threatens the balance in Heaven.

            Well, it's a hard one to adjudicate, but I'd guess that she simply wanted peace. So she sleeps in the depths of Setsuna's consciousness.