Kannazuki no Miko Re-License

  • Katherine
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
      Good news for KnM fans! ^ ^ It looks like Sentai Filmworks has acquired the rights to Kannazuki no Miko, and they're going to release a new, complete collection on August 25.
      http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-02/sentai-filmworks-reissues-daphne-kannazuki-dokkoida

      I wonder how well this release will do, since yuri has a more established audience in North America now than it did when Geneon first released KnM here, but the actual number of people willing to support the shows that they love in a tangible way (i.e. through money) is very small. Hopefully this release will do reasonably well. ^^;;
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine" <smithie_28@...> wrote:

        > I wonder how well this release will do, since yuri has a more established audience in North America now than it did when Geneon first released KnM here, but the actual number of people willing to support the shows that they love in a tangible way (i.e. through money) is very small. Hopefully this release will do reasonably well. ^^;;

        I noticed a comment on ANN's report of the re-release saying that the description of this series as "Yuri mecha" was a sale for that reader. Clearly, there will always be new butts for old chairs. :-)

        In a related, but random thought, the phrase "Yuri Mecha" makes me think of all sorts of very silly things. :-)

        Hungry for Yuri? Have Some Okazu!
        http://okazu.blogspot.com
      • Katherine
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine" <smithie_28@> wrote:
          > >

          > In a related, but random thought, the phrase "Yuri Mecha" makes me think of all sorts of very silly things. :-)

          LOL

          Yup, just when I thought this series was finally fading out of consciousness among the yuri fandom, it's being resuscitated for an entire new crop of fans who will no doubt think that it's the greatest thing evar. *used to be counted among them -_-;;* Here's hoping that Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto make it here also.
        • Ann Schubert
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009

            ... But the re-release would NOT have anything new or different, right??

            > I wonder how well this release will do, since yuri has a more established audience in North America now than it did when Geneon first released KnM here, but the actual number of people willing to support the shows that they love in a tangible way (i.e. through money) is very small. Hopefully this release will do reasonably well. ^^;;

            I noticed a comment on ANN's report of the re-release saying that the description of this series as "Yuri mecha" was a sale for that reader. Clearly, there will always be new butts for old chairs. :-)

            In a related, but random thought, the phrase "Yuri Mecha" makes me think of all sorts of very silly things. :-)

            Hungry for Yuri? Have Some Okazu!
            http://okazu. blogspot. com

          • josephglanvill
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009

              > I noticed a comment on ANN's report of the re-release saying that the description of this series as "Yuri mecha" was a sale for that reader.

              We always call it "Lesbian Mecha Shinto Priestesses". ^_^ Also "the Dwarf Bread of anime" (kudos to all who get that reference).
            • Shannon J. L.
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "josephglanvill" <thirohk@...> wrote:

                > > I noticed a comment on ANN's report of the re-release saying that the description of this series as "Yuri mecha" was a sale for that reader.
                >

                > We always call it "Lesbian Mecha Shinto Priestesses". ^_^ Also "the Dwarf Bread of anime" (kudos to all who get that reference).

                *LOL*

                Discworld!