Re: [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"

  • josephglanvill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1 11:58 AM
      True. I just thought it was one of those "you can't make this stuff up" moments.

      > That was a while ago - the people of Lesbos lost the suit, but I don't think they were unreasonable in their reasoning, just not plausible in their desire.

      > http://www.yuricon.org

      > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: thirohk@...
      > > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
      > > Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"
      > >
      > > This article just takes the cake:
      > >
      > > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90C82S80&show_article=1&catnum=0
      > >
      > > Sorry, this is just too hilarious not to share.

      > > Your email settings:
      > > Individual Email | Traditional
      > >
      > > To change settings online go to:
      > > (Yahoo! ID required)
      > >
      > > To change settings via email:
      > > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends.
      > http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_WhatsNew1_052009

    • josephglanvill
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1 12:27 PM
        Also, I have certain views about the internal contradictions of our pressure-group politics, and stuff like this makes me feel entirely justified.

        > That was a while ago - the people of Lesbos lost the suit, but I don't think they were unreasonable in their reasoning, just not plausible in their desire.

        > http://www.yuricon.org

        > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: thirohk@...
        > > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
        > > Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"
        > >
        > > This article just takes the cake:
        > >
        > > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90C82S80&show_article=1&catnum=0
        > >
        > > Sorry, this is just too hilarious not to share.

        > > Your email settings:
        > > Individual Email | Traditional
        > >
        > > To change settings online go to:
        > > (Yahoo! ID required)
        > >
        > > To change settings via email:
        > > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends.
        > http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_WhatsNew1_052009

      • Firia L
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1 4:23 PM
          I remember reading that artical when it was originally issued. :) They had to sue a target group, which was not responsible for the global use of the term "Lesbian." They couldn't sue the lesbian community as a whole because... well, you can't. XD Since no one is at fault for using a globally accepted term, I imagine it was case closed before to long.

          The people of Lesbos should take a page from gay pride; Lesbian, and damn proud of it! ;)

          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          From: thirohk@...
          Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
          Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"