RE: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
      That was a while ago - the people of Lesbos lost the suit, but I don't think they were unreasonable in their reasoning, just not plausible in their desire.

      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: thirohk@...
      > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"
      >
      > This article just takes the cake:
      >
      > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90C82S80&show_article=1&catnum=0
      >
      > Sorry, this is just too hilarious not to share.

      > Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > To change settings via email:
      > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • josephglanvill
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
        True. I just thought it was one of those "you can't make this stuff up" moments.

        > That was a while ago - the people of Lesbos lost the suit, but I don't think they were unreasonable in their reasoning, just not plausible in their desire.

        > http://www.yuricon.org

        > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: thirohk@...
        > > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
        > > Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"
        > >
        > > This article just takes the cake:
        > >
        > > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90C82S80&show_article=1&catnum=0
        > >
        > > Sorry, this is just too hilarious not to share.

        > > Your email settings:
        > > Individual Email | Traditional
        > >
        > > To change settings online go to:
        > > (Yahoo! ID required)
        > >
        > > To change settings via email:
        > > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends.
        > http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_WhatsNew1_052009

      • josephglanvill
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
          Also, I have certain views about the internal contradictions of our pressure-group politics, and stuff like this makes me feel entirely justified.

          > That was a while ago - the people of Lesbos lost the suit, but I don't think they were unreasonable in their reasoning, just not plausible in their desire.

          > http://www.yuricon.org

          > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: thirohk@...
          > > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
          > > Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"
          > >
          > > This article just takes the cake:
          > >
          > > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90C82S80&show_article=1&catnum=0
          > >
          > > Sorry, this is just too hilarious not to share.

          > > Your email settings:
          > > Individual Email | Traditional
          > >
          > > To change settings online go to:
          > > (Yahoo! ID required)
          > >
          > > To change settings via email:
          > > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends.
          > http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_WhatsNew1_052009

        • Firia L
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
            I remember reading that artical when it was originally issued. :) They had to sue a target group, which was not responsible for the global use of the term "Lesbian." They couldn't sue the lesbian community as a whole because... well, you can't. XD Since no one is at fault for using a globally accepted term, I imagine it was case closed before to long.

            The people of Lesbos should take a page from gay pride; Lesbian, and damn proud of it! ;)

            To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            From: thirohk@...
            Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
            Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"