[slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"

  • josephglanvill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1 11:33 AM
      This article just takes the cake:

      http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90C82S80&show_article=1&catnum=0

      Sorry, this is just too hilarious not to share.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1 11:55 AM
        That was a while ago - the people of Lesbos lost the suit, but I don't think they were unreasonable in their reasoning, just not plausible in their desire.

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: thirohk@...
        > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"
        >
        > This article just takes the cake:
        >
        > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90C82S80&show_article=1&catnum=0
        >
        > Sorry, this is just too hilarious not to share.

        > Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > To change settings via email:
        > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • josephglanvill
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1 11:58 AM
          True. I just thought it was one of those "you can't make this stuff up" moments.

          > That was a while ago - the people of Lesbos lost the suit, but I don't think they were unreasonable in their reasoning, just not plausible in their desire.

          > http://www.yuricon.org

          > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: thirohk@...
          > > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
          > > Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"
          > >
          > > This article just takes the cake:
          > >
          > > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90C82S80&show_article=1&catnum=0
          > >
          > > Sorry, this is just too hilarious not to share.

          > > Your email settings:
          > > Individual Email | Traditional
          > >
          > > To change settings online go to:
          > > (Yahoo! ID required)
          > >
          > > To change settings via email:
          > > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends.
          > http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_WhatsNew1_052009

        • josephglanvill
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1 12:27 PM
            Also, I have certain views about the internal contradictions of our pressure-group politics, and stuff like this makes me feel entirely justified.

            > That was a while ago - the people of Lesbos lost the suit, but I don't think they were unreasonable in their reasoning, just not plausible in their desire.

            > http://www.yuricon.org

            > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: thirohk@...
            > > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
            > > Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"
            > >
            > > This article just takes the cake:
            > >
            > > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90C82S80&show_article=1&catnum=0
            > >
            > > Sorry, this is just too hilarious not to share.

            > > Your email settings:
            > > Individual Email | Traditional
            > >
            > > To change settings online go to:
            > > (Yahoo! ID required)
            > >
            > > To change settings via email:
            > > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
            > > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends.
            > http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_WhatsNew1_052009

          • Firia L
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1 4:23 PM
              I remember reading that artical when it was originally issued. :) They had to sue a target group, which was not responsible for the global use of the term "Lesbian." They couldn't sue the lesbian community as a whole because... well, you can't. XD Since no one is at fault for using a globally accepted term, I imagine it was case closed before to long.

              The people of Lesbos should take a page from gay pride; Lesbian, and damn proud of it! ;)

              To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              From: thirohk@...
              Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:33 +0000
              Subject: [Yuricon] [slightly OT] Lesbians sue lesbians over use of the word "lesbian"