Something of a Fanfic Challenge

  • Ah... Me
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2009
      I know I tend to lurk more than write, but after re-watching the "Aria" series recently, (I love the Extras that Right Stuf/Nozomi included!) an interesting thought crossed my mind. This thought was generated by me also having watched "Maria-sama ga Miteru" (MariMite).
      Both can be considered "slice of life" and "character driven" shows. My mind started churning a vague thought... "What if..."

      I know there are quite a few here that enjoy the challenge of writing Fanfics for some of our favorite anime/manga characters. So here's a bit of a challenge for you all, and it's something that is percolating in my brain as well (it just hasn't come out yet)...

      An "Aria" & "MariMite" Crossover...

      It could be a full-blown AU meeting of the characters, a mentioning of one or the other in either world, time-traveling (an Aria favorite scenario), a dream of one or the other... or... Something...

      I know when I first had the thought... my first impression was that they were too different in characterization... but on deeper reflection, I think something fun could be created... somehow... so how about it? A summer fun Fanfic writing challenge?

      I'll be doing my best to come up with one myself...

      Amy

      p.s. if this goes well, maybe others might have fun & creative ideas for future writing challenges...?... :)

      The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
      better slave race, YET.

      "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." -- James Madison